What's new

Outsourcing Your Admin/Life to India

bigleo48

Reaction score
I always try to think outside the box and a recent article I read peaked my interest.

First, I want to indicate that over the last year or so I have worked hard to make my wash remotely manageable. Now I'm not talking about robots picking up hoses, but being able to do everything from issuing washes to solve problems, to chasing away kids or unfavorables from my wash using my 32 camera system and the ability to remotely kickoff voice messages telling them to get lost or call us.

During the day, I have attendants do this, but it would be nice for someone to watchover the wash in the overnight period. Hence the idea of outsourcing the monitoring of the wash to an administrative assistant in India. Apparently this can be done for less than $8 an hour. I would have this admin watch the cameras and work with my daily attendant to admin inventory, cash levels and audits and dealing with customers who call in (at night). I could also use her to deal with personal admin stuff.

I'm not saying that I'm gonna do this anytime soon, but I do think of this as a new emerging tool for to make my life and carwash better and easier to handle.

Here's an article on the subject in the WSJ http://online.wsj.com/article/SB118073815238422013.html

What do you guys think? Big

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Just another reality of life. That is why this administration and the unions demanding that everyone be union is going to kill them. When you can find someone willing to work for less money that have gotten the training, who isn't going to use them.

Your trick is to find something that can not be outsourced or you will compete with them.

MEP001

Reaction score
The episode of the TV show "30 Days" in which they sent someone to India to work for a company that does AOL tech help was very interesting. It may or may not make you rethink your decision. For one thing, the employees only get paid the equivalent of about $2 an hour.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
IMO, the issue of what these people are getting paid is BS, over there $2 an hour or a day is more than they made sitting in the gutter begging. Just because we get $30 an hour doesn't mean that the rest of the world needs to get $30 an hour.

A few facts, after WW2 trying to rebuild Japan we sent them our scrap metal in which they made junk are sent it back to us. Everything was outsourced to Japan because of their cheap wages.

Today Japan's average wages ranks 3rd in the world, we are 5th. They make some of the best stuff on the planet. When the market place is left alone by the politicians and the do gooders, it works just fine. The mess we are in tody has very little to do with wall street as much as the politicians trying to make it "better".

Etowah

bigleo48

Reaction score
Hmmmm...I wasn't trying to make a political point here. Outsourcing to India makes sense because the time difference makes it perfect for someone there to monitor my wash overnight. I'm just thinking of this as a potential 'new' tool to help me manage my wash.

We can argue all day about globalization, but the reality is that we and to a certain extent our governments can't do much about it. We wear and buy goods that are mostly made in China. We eat fruit from Chile and drink wine from South-Africa...this is now reality, good or bad, it is what it is. So I prefer to work with the new reality than try and fight it.

Big

pitzerwm

Reaction score
That is the whole point Big, it is what it is, you can accept it and use it, but you can't ignore it or undo it.