What's new

Other profit centers

Debra Gorgos

Reaction score
Does anyone have something else, besides a self serve bay or IBA, at their wash that brings in money. Pet wash? Detail bay? ...etc.

Rfreeman

Reaction score
I have a 12 x 12 snow cone stand on my property that was originally run by the previous owner but I lease that out now...figured its not worth the headaches of managing some high school kids to run the place. I found that here in Tx. with the hot summers it helps drive traffic to the property and many customers that wash go get a snow cone and most customer that go straight to the snow cone stand come in the IBA. Also run cross promotional ads with them.

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
The original owner contracted with a billboard company to install a GIANT 2-sided billboard over the self-service car wash, 37 years ago. The 36" metal pipe base runs through the pump room and generates an extra $1500 / month! It makes for great visibility! :) The contract is up next year and I plan to negotiate for higher lease income.

soapy

Reaction score
I also have a couple of locations with billboards also. The easiest money I make.

Reaction score
I had a billboard and I hated that thing. Looked like crap. Now if it generated $1500 a month, I would be trying to put some on every piece of real estate I own but never anywhere near that. Lucky for me a hurricane took it out and that was the end of that. At my newest wash, I have a little over an acre of land behind that I am planning on developing into a boat/RV storage lot. If that works out, it should pay for the whole operation and carwash income would be 100% net profit.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have a 3 bay detail shop and a used car lot. It really makes the business more robust and resilient to have these revenue streams. I have an 8 plex apartment building, too, which I enjoy owning.

MEP001

Reaction score
I'm working with someone who wants to rent some space to a detailer at each of his several locations. The idea is to give them a good rate in exchange for keeping the place clean. Less work, more money via rent, and a presence.

Debra Gorgos

Reaction score
I have a 12 x 12 snow cone stand on my property that was originally run by the previous owner but I lease that out now...figured its not worth the headaches of managing some high school kids to run the place. I found that here in Tx. with the hot summers it helps drive traffic to the property and many customers that wash go get a snow cone and most customer that go straight to the snow cone stand come in the IBA. Also run cross promotional ads with them.
I want to hear more about this! I will private message you.

Debra Gorgos

Reaction score
The original owner contracted with a billboard company to install a GIANT 2-sided billboard over the self-service car wash, 37 years ago. The 36" metal pipe base runs through the pump room and generates an extra $1500 / month! It makes for great visibility! :) The contract is up next year and I plan to negotiate for higher lease income.
I would love to hear more about this-- I will private message you :)

Debra Gorgos

Reaction score
I had a billboard and I hated that thing. Looked like crap. Now if it generated $1500 a month, I would be trying to put some on every piece of real estate I own but never anywhere near that. Lucky for me a hurricane took it out and that was the end of that. At my newest wash, I have a little over an acre of land behind that I am planning on developing into a boat/RV storage lot. If that works out, it should pay for the whole operation and carwash income would be 100% net profit.
I would like to interview you about this-- will send you a PM :)

Debra Gorgos

Reaction score
I have a 3 bay detail shop and a used car lot. It really makes the business more robust and resilient to have these revenue streams. I have an 8 plex apartment building, too, which I enjoy owning.
Sending you a PM about this :)

soapy

Reaction score
I once had a drive thru coffee shop on the property. I just leased the location to them. It worked out well while they were there since I had a extra set of eyes. They would call me me if anything was wrong.

Etowah