What's new

Order of Months by Gross Revenue

BillClinton

Reaction score
This is my first year in business, and I don't know what to expect out of the different seasons. I have a 3 and 1 in Knoxville, TN. My first full month in business was July. I know weather factors in heavilly, but in your average year, which months are best and which are worst? If any of you veteran operators out there would really like to be detailed, can you list the 12 months from best to worst, tell me what state your wash is in, and tell me if you are SS only or have IBA as well? Your experience will help me benchmark my wash. I greatly appreciate your assistance.

soapy

Reaction score
You might want to get some of the yearly surveys that the Car wash magazine do. They generally have it broken down by months like you want and by region. Generally winter months are rated the best with summer months being the slowest. I am the exact opposite due to the cold weather we have in Idaho during the winter months.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I have an 8 bay SS in Michigan and we find that our best months are March, April, May, September, October. I can only say that since I have monthly financials that go back ten years. This year has been a cluster**** with the weather, I haven't had a 'good' month since September. It's funny, I don't think I have seen the sun since September.

Good Luck!