What's new

Old guy hits ACW and wants me to pay up!!

Louise

Reaction score
An elderly man pulled up to the ACW yesterday and had a bit of trouble paying up. He then pulls into the bay and rides the rail until his hits my spinner. He then backs out, pulls back in ON THE RAIL. He finally decides that the machine will not work as he is not in position and backs out AGAIN and hits my ACW.

Scratches along the side of his truck and a broken tail light. Only one scuff mark on the ACW.

He insists on me paying to repair his truck. He claims I should have painted lines directing him in. Although, he admitted that he has been in the wash before and had no problems.

I explained that he was the only one in motion and that it was his fault. He has threatened to sue - I encouraged him to visit his attorney.

JustClean

Reaction score
I explained that he was the only one in motion and that it was his fault. He has threatened to sue - I encouraged him to visit his attorney.
Yep, that's it! Tell him you won't pay anything and if he doesn't go soon where the sun don't shine you gonna charge him with fixing the scuff mark.

"Sorry, officer, the tree just jumped in front of my car. I couldn't do nothing!"

washnvac

Reaction score
Bad, bad auto-cashier. How could you jump into the path of the nice gentleman's vehicle. I knew that block could not hold you down!!

mac

Reaction score
It's the frigging way that news is reported today that accounts for this mindset. This morning the TV said a car "lost control" and the two people died. The car only did what it was told to do. How many times do you hear, "An SUV ran into a building today. the driver completely unaware. An innocent bystander."

Dirt

Laser Blade
Reaction score
People like to call things "accidents" too. Guy ran a red lite and spun my wifes trailblazer around. He said it was an accident. I told him that what he did was f'ed up, ran a red lite, and now I have to put up with all this stuff that was just fine a little bit ago. Nobody wants to take responsibility for there own actions anymore. I better stop now.

Red Baron

Reaction score
Tell him that, in additional counter-suing him, you will insist that he be reevaluated for his drivers license because obviously he doesn't belong behind the wheel.

My experience is that you have to make a guy understand that it might be very costly to attempt to collect money unjustly. This sentence also does wonders: "My dad is my attorney and it will only cost me a few hundred bucks in filing fees to drag you through a legal mudhole 5 miles long." :)

Chuck Ivey

Reaction score
"My dad is my attorney and it will only cost me a few hundred bucks in filing fees to drag you through a legal mudhole 5 miles long."

I like that Red, I really like that!!!

pitzerwm

Reaction score
I use to say, "Do you know any good attorneys"? They would say "Sure, I do"

I'd say, " Good because you are going to need one, win, lose or draw, its just petty cash to me". That usually was the end of it.