What's new

Ohio Crooks Caught In Arkansas

toddmullens

Reaction score
Wednesday December 22, 2010
I got lucky and showed up at one of our locations in Malvern Arkansas about 3 hours after a successful stringing of the Hamilton change machine at the site. It has Coin-co validators and if any of you have those, a attempted stringing is usually evident. In my experience they break the plastic string prevention fingers rendering the validator useless. I caught the theft on camera and contacted the police. It was 2 men driving a red Jimmy (Blazer) type vehicle. The police spotted the car in a local hotel parking lot later that evening and arrested the 2 individuals. They found an undisclosed amount of coins and cash, along with some type of modified locksmith tool that the police said they have never seen before. One officer came back to the car wash to tell me they caught the individuals and to show me the bills they used for the changer and mentioned that they were from Ohio on their way to Louisiana. They must of been hitting everything they could find along the way. Also, the officer told me that one of the suspects said that this wasn't the first time he had been in trouble for this type of theft. I will post some pictures of the thieves as soon as I get back to my other computer, but I thought I would pass this info along. Its weird that a lot of this takes place in Ohio from what I have read on the forum anyway. These fools picked the wrong location this time and will hopefully been sent to prison for awhile, but I doubt it. They are probably already back at it, knowing how our penal system works!

MEP001

Reaction score
It would be nice if they got sent to prison, but some guys were caught going into our vacs with the common pin-lock keys, and we've never been contacted about any prosecution. They were caught in the act at another nearby wash thanks to a customer of ours, and they admitted they would drive across the country hitting washes along the way.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same guys.