What's new

Offsite 5th Wheel

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I have a client that wants his 37 foot fifth wheel waxed. It has 2 slideouts and is the nice fiberglass exterior. What would you guys charge? Any tips for doing this job expediently?

Thanks in advance.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Big Bucks if they want an orbital polish and roof wash etc.

You need a bada$$ powerwasher that downstreams soap, hot water, hi psi and volume.

I've also done these as a wash and spray wax (like your carwash wax).

$100-150 /spray wax and 250+ w/orbital wax. I like pro polish. You'll need ample dry time between wash and polish.

MEP001

Reaction score
I saw a newer Airstream going down the highway the other day. Someone had polished the whole thing (at least 25 feet) to a mirror finish.

buda

Reaction score
5th Wheel Charge

John

Pricing should be based on a "time and materials" basis.

That is, you need to have an hourly rate for your services that covers your salary and benefits; labor & benefits and all operational costs, plus at least 10% to 15% profit after all is said and done.

Is this $50 a hour; $60 an hour? That is up to your accountant to tell you.

Then you figure how long it will take you to do the job and multiply that hours times your hourly rate and voila, you have a price.

OH, be sure to figure in the cost of chemicals and supplies too. At least $15 to $20 for a large rig like that.

Hope that helps.

Bud Abraham

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Right you are Bud. I try to aim for $50/60 per hour for a labor rate and the materials cost sounds accurate for me.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I figured between my two guys I will be about 10-12 hours total. My hourly rate is very close to what buda was using. I sent out the estimate and am waiting to hear back from the client. We will see what happens. Thanks guys!