What's new

nu-star soft touch 3 NIGHTMARE!!!!!!

jarrodstheman

Reaction score
i have a soft touch 3 iba with about 22000 washes on it that has been almost trouble free till now . the problem is car drives in wash starts moves down car aplying presoak and foam gets to exit door top and side brushes start spinning , top brush starts coming down and down till it hits the bump stops then all brushes stop spinning and wash just sits there now i can lift top brush till top prox switches read again and it will take off skipping first wash and going to second . now for the worse part it only does this at random sometimes it will do 60 cars before it does it and some times it does it every time and it only does it on that first wash if it makes it past the first wash it will always work on the second pass . ive spent no less than 16 hrs on phone with tech support and 2000$ on techs to come out and nobdy can figure it out ... please help a very frustraited operator ... fell free to call with advice 409-791-1508 thanks in advance for any advice

jarrodstheman

Reaction score
well may have narrowed the problem down to a 30mm floor prox switch have it ordered should be here monday ... cross your fingers i need this thing going again the only other iba in town is broke also so im losing even more than usual

jarrodstheman

Reaction score
well prox switch didnt fix it got fed up with nustars lack of knowledge took matters in my own hands like i should have in the first place and brought the block valves to a local hyd shop ... had me up and running two hrs later with a 26 dollar part ..... started the year up with a big crowd at the wash today hopefully this is a sign of a better year to come

washnvac

Reaction score
I have five Nu*Star machines. There is quite a few parts that you need to keep on hand. Usually these are unavailable at local shops.

You need:
-30 mm prox
-18 mm prox (I keep 2 on hand)
-One each of the different hyd valves used on machine
-Hyd filters (1 high pressure, and 1 low pressure)
-Various lengths of hyd hoses that fit your machine
-Three-bolt bearing for 1" shaft
-Two-bolt bearing for 1.25" shaft
-Alum coupling 1.25" by 1"
-Floor switch (tape switch)
-Hyd motor 130-1007
-Hyd motor 130-1008
-5 gal of AW32 hyd fluid
-A half-dozen hydraforce coils
-Die-electric grease
-Dema hp solenoid for you particular machine

I keep all of these items at each location. As well I keep one oil switch on hand (KG0009), and I have one hyd pump and 15hp motor.

A Nu*Star has a lot of parts that could potentially fail. And it will usually be on a Friday afternoon or Saturday morning. (from my experience).