What's new

Not able to find a technician

Moe_mas

Reaction score
Hello friends,

I am struggling with my 5 bays self serve car wash. and i am unable to find a maintenance company or a technician to help me. Right now 3 of the bays are closed and only 2 working. My dad used to do the fixing but he broke his back and cant do it any more. my car wash is in Allen TX/ DFW area. any advice or contacts will be appreciated.

Thank you so much,

Aman

chaz

Reaction score
S/s are typically not that complicated. You can also compare items with working bays to non working bays and hopefully isolate the issue. You give no details so it’s hard to even give a guess. Another thought is talk to operators in your general area but not direct competition for mentoring ....

MEP001

Reaction score
I have 36 years experience in this industry, but travel fees from Austin might get expensive. Feel free to PM me if interested.

soonermajic

Reaction score
MEP knows his stuff, but pretty distant. ha

I'd suggest Scotch Plaid, Twin Distributing or Baker. All of those are in dallas area, & all have good techs. Baker prolly be the easiest to deal with, as the others are super busy with tunnels.

soonermajic

Reaction score
I have 36 years experience in this industry, but travel fees from Austin might get expensive. Feel free to PM me if interested.
Hmmmmm, seems like someone might've told you , that you could open up a carwash tech in DFW, & be making a million dollars by year 3!!

mac

Reaction score
This is not a situation unique to this area. I made a ton of money because my company could fix anything with a self serve. All of the tech companies for the major automatics (Mark7, Ryko, PDQ, etc all) don’t knowdiddley about basic self serve stuff. Good luck is all I can offer now.

Randy

Reaction score
Hello friends,

I am struggling with my 5 bays self serve car wash. and i am unable to find a maintenance company or a technician to help me. Right now 3 of the bays are closed and only 2 working. My dad used to do the fixing but he broke his back and cant do it any more. my car wash is in Allen TX/ DFW area. any advice or contacts will be appreciated.

Thank you so much,

Aman
The best advice I can give you is to learn the Self-Serve car wash equipment from A –Z. If you have to call someone to come things you’re going to be going out of business pretty fast because everything you will be out of for repairs. Self-Serve car wash equipment is pretty low tech, you don’t need to be too overly smart to figure out how it all works. You’re at the right resource, just ask a lot of questions.

Sequoia

AKA Duane H- 3 bay SS
Reaction score
Get an inexpensive label maker. When things are running correctly, observe the pressure and other readings. Anything that is calibrated. Use the label maker to document that reading and stick it onto the gauge. That way you know in the future if something has drifted away from correct operation.