What's new

no suction

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
I've replaced both motors and checked the door on one of my vacs and still am getting minimal suction. That's all I've ever had to do if the hose wasn't stopped up. What else is there to try?
Thanks

soapy

Reaction score
Many vacs come with a hole in the bottom. They provide a plug that goes into the hole to provide a seal.

Indiana Wash

Reaction score
All my vacs are just a motor mounted on top of a seal. The next compartment is above the filters and has a door. The next compartment is where dirt is trapped and has a door. The next piece is the hose. If the motor is turning on, then I would check the top filter compartment to make sure there is suction there. If there is, I would move to the next compartment to make sure there is suction there. If there is, then I would remove the hose and make sure there is suction there. If there is then I would install the hose and make sure there is suction there.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
1. There is a chance you have a bad new motor. Let the vac run with the door open. Do both motors spin?
2. Is there a screen immediately below the motors to stop debris if a baf fails? Is it clogged. If yes makesure the bags don't have holes.
3. Have you inspected the bags? Are they clogged with dirt? See if light shines thru. If not, wash and dry them.
4. Have you put a piece of Kleenex around the edges of the door to see if it gets sucked in? If so, fix the sel.
5. HAve you tried it with the hose off? IS there suction at the cuff. Sometimes there is a clog on the Vac Cuff or place where the hose attaches.

Report back.

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
Close off you vacuum.
Put an extended hose on the high pressure hose next to your vac and blow out all your vac bags.
Shoot the water downward into the vac receptacle.
Close off the vac for a 24 hrs. to let the bag dry.
I do this about once a year on rainy days on all my vacs.
Also replacing the hose and nozzle has helped a lot.

MEP001

Reaction score
We had a guy that used to clean the vac bags by spraying them down still inside the vac. The only advantage I can see over changing them out and cleaning them in a bay is that you don't get as wet or dirty.

jimbeaux

Reaction score
I know it shouldn't happen but I had an expensive combo vac that the bottom rusted out in about 2 years. (Sorry, don't remember the mfg. that is out of business now). It did the same thing, very low suction. Worth checking. Good Luck

Indiana Wash

Reaction score
Long story short, if the motor is spinning, it is getting the air it is moving from somewhere. Did you find out where?

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
Not yet. Had a compressor go down and a family wedding so I haven't had any time to look. I have a tech coming tomorrow. I'm going to ask him to look. My money says it's clogged under the motor but that's a guess. It's my shampooer so it gets some nasty crap in it!

Indiana Wash

Reaction score
Your vacuum design must be different than any I have. With mine, there is only a mounting panel for the motor then a compartment above the filters and one below

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Close off you vacuum.
Put an extended hose on the high pressure hose next to your vac and blow out all your vac bags.
Shoot the water downward into the vac receptacle.
Close off the vac for a 24 hrs. to let the bag dry.
I do this about once a year on rainy days on all my vacs.
Also replacing the hose and nozzle has helped a lot.
We have spare bags & swap one set out while the dirty one goes into a front load washer & left to air dry

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
We have spare bags & swap one set out while the dirty one goes into a front load washer & left to air dry
MJ I do this for my central vacs too.

But at the self servs I've been doing it this way for 35 yrs.
For me it's easy, not only do I clean the bags but wash down the entire inside of the cabinet, seals and around the vac pads.
I have never had any trouble.

Etowah