What's new

No electricity on one bay

n00bie

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

So today my town shutdown electricity because of a blew up transformer. When they get it back on, one of my bay does not turn on (no electricity). Here are the lists that I have checked so far.
-check fuse at the meter: still intact
-swap the controller with other working bay: controller is still working
-check for bad breaker by manually turn on the pump: still running

So I think the wire(s) to the meter box is bad (?) . But I have no experience on how checking these :( . Can someone walk me through how to use electrical meter? I've attached the picture of the meter box. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

MEP001

Reaction score
The thermal overload is probably tripped. It disconnects the 24V to the bay. You most likely lost the high leg of power.

Plug in the probes to the volt meter and set it to 300~ to test high and low voltage of the car wash. The meter will self-adjust to read low or high voltage. The 24V AC power in your photo is the right two wires.

n00bie

Reaction score
I don't have the chance to go there and check today. The 2 far right white wires top and bottom right? So if it turns out thermal overload is tripped, how do I turn it back on?
Thanks in advance as always MEP!

n00bie

Reaction score
Thanks MEP! It was tripped. First time this happened, and I was clueless where the heck is that thermal overload located that you were talking about lol. I googled it and was like ahhh this thing I replaced couple months ago 😁