What's new

nexus auto

carwashjack

Reaction score
i am looking for a new nexus in bay auto. can anyone help me find some to look at and who to talk to. would like to see a few that are not very old... thanks jack

mac

Reaction score
If you are near FL, I'll be happy to show you some.

carwashjack

Reaction score
im not yet willing to let everyone know where im interested in building yet. but im willing to travel as far as needed to make a sound investment on a auto... how old are the autos you guys are talking about have any pic's

thanks again Jack

Reaction score
im not yet willing to let everyone know where im interested in building yet. but im willing to travel as far as needed to make a sound investment on a auto... how old are the autos you guys are talking about have any pic's

thanks again Jack
If your site is that great, some experienced operator would already be there. You might want to tell us about some demographics and competition. I have 4 Nexus, the newest are 2+ years old and still have a few issues, but Magic Wand is working with me on that.
You would be much better off buying localing from a great distributor than a great automatic. They are going to break down, do you want to pay hourly charges for travel time on a breakdown?

carwashjack

Reaction score
i thany you for the thought but as i recall you dont buy location from a distributor but from the guy selling the land, no pun tended!!! if you are worried i am building one aginst you, please dont.. what kind of problems have you been having with your auto? when you say magic wand is working on then, you have had them 2+ years and you are telling me the mfg still hasnt found out or fix the prouduct you have paid for.. maybe a nexus isnt something i want after all.. thanks jack

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
carwashjack

what alot of us did was contact the manufacturer and talk to a local distributor when researching our choices for equipment. they'll be happy to take you around to see all the machines in operation that your heart desires.

i know this site is great and all, but there's no shortcut for beginners looking for the best equipment (i include myself in the beginners category). sure, some seasoned operators may be able to buy, install and service a new iba themselves, but where you really need to start is with narrowing your search down to 3 companies and then contact the distributors of the equipment.

Gabriel

Reaction score
And those three companies need Distributors close to you for service. You will need a good distributor not matter what equipment you buy. There are several Touchless Automatics that will do about equal jobs cleaning and be about equally reliable. Still the service issue is extremely important.

carwashjack

Reaction score
what is everyones eye thinking about on the nexus sorry the (vortex)? you ike dislike, what are some of the problems with it. what to expect as a owner of one

mac

Reaction score
As an owner of a Vortex, you can expect a machine that you can comfortably work on, parts that are reasonably priced, and easy to replace, no complaints from dually wheel trucks, and a machine priced tens of thousands less that the so called major three. Like ANY machine though, it needs to be installed by competent people, fed good water and chemicals, and your insistence that if anything isn't right, it gets fixed before you pay for the install. I have one that I put in a gas station/c-store about a year ago. We grease it twice a month(all four bearings), titrate the chemicals, and give it a good look over. That's it. Only service calls were the first month due to minor install issues. Let me give you a little comparison with this and a famous machine made overseas, whose name shall remain silent. The guy I use for some installs has to go to a three day school to learn how to properly program it. The Vortex can be programmed in about 1/2 hour by a first time owner with minimal training.

Reaction score
i thany you for the thought but as i recall you dont buy location from a distributor but from the guy selling the land, no pun tended!!! if you are worried i am building one aginst you, please dont.. what kind of problems have you been having with your auto? when you say magic wand is working on then, you have had them 2+ years and you are telling me the mfg still hasnt found out or fix the prouduct you have paid for.. maybe a nexus isnt something i want after all.. thanks jack
They have most of the orginal problems taken care of. They are having issues with the Magelis touch screen pad. I have gone threw 3 of them in 2+ years. They have taken very good care of me but, you are down. I haven't seen the new design but mine doesn't clean the front and rear as it should.
If you haven't take a look at the SOM II. It is the inverted L, it wraps around the entire vechicle. And they are just work horses. Get the side blaster option with either one.

jbcarwash

Reaction score
Without going into a lot of detail, the Nexus you refer to could have been manufactured by one of 2 companies. Magic Wand or 3B Industries. There are similarities and differences in both machines. As of 2007, Magic Wand no longer makes the Nexus. 3B Industries presently manufactures under the Nexus Trademark using the original F5 Orbital Spray Assembly, patented by John Brown Sr., President of 3B Industries. The Nexus, is also known as the Nexus Crossfire. In the interest of full disclosure, I am a Primary of 3B Industries. Hope this helps!