What's new

New Wash World Razor Edge-PROBLEMS

Etowah

Joswhaha

Reaction score
It has been 6 weeks since we took our old machine out of service. There have been Various delays some electrician being slow some distributor isduesbut I thought we are finally washing cars again. Although the flex wouldn’t work and SPR is not working.

Nope! As of the time of writing this I am already shut down again. Now all our arch functions flow through both the arm and the flex, so neither work very well. I was able to run for 36 hours before my first shut down!

The machine has also hit a car that may have been to close to the right side of the bay. I thought this machine was smart enough not to hit cars or at least stop and readjust if it did hit a car!

Does everyone have problems with their equipment coming from Wash World with hoses loose, wires in the wrong spot, and mystery problems with the solenoid block?
This has been ridiculous and costing more business every day.

Roz

Reaction score
Wow. We have installed three Razors over the last 5-6 years. Wonder if issue is WW or the installer? The arm hitting the car probably is due to calibration and programming. It took us a few days of testing to calibrate and program the machine. If there is another razor owner nearby (but far enough away to not feel that you are competition) perhaps you can see their install and programming? Keep in mind that calibration is unique to each bay. We had to calibrate anew even replacing a razor with a new razor. See what WW tech support can do to help you as they should be able to log into your system remotely and help check if things are off in the program.

Joswhaha

Reaction score
My distributor is coming back to address the issues but it has been crazy. I hope they get it worked out. The issue today I rigged so I can keep washing cars. There is a block that switches from the arch to the flex and the spring that keeps the normally closed solenoid closed was either never installed or broke. I am using a cut paper clip to keep the solenoid valve closed and run everything through the arch and the hyper flex.

I have been testing the sizing issue with my truck and my wife’s small suv. It seems like when I pull far left sometime the arch hits the drivers mirror in the truck. One time, In the suv when I parked partially on the blue reflectors the arm initially tried to turn about 6” from the side of the car, it hit front of the car, then readjusted to go around the drivers side without a issue.

Attachments

Joswhaha

Reaction score
My distributor is coming back to address the issues but it has been crazy. I hope they get it worked out. The issue today I rigged so I can keep washing cars. There is a block that switches from the arch to the flex and the spring that keeps the normally closed solenoid closed was either never installed or broke. I am using a cut paper clip to keep the solenoid valve closed and run everything through the arch and the hyper flex.

I have been testing the sizing issue with my truck and my wife’s small suv. It seems like when I pull far left sometime the arch hits the drivers mirror in the truck. One time, In the suv when I parked partially on the blue reflectors the arm initially tried to turn about 6” from the side of the car, it hit front of the car, then readjusted to go around the drivers side without a issue.
Video link if the attachment doesn’t work.

Blanco

Reaction score
Thats terrible. Most car wash companies will hire anyone to install just to make a sale regardless of experience. Once the machine is paid for they don't care what happens next. It is definitely a distributor/installer issue though. The machine is smart but it will only do what its programmed to. Programming is definitely off. Once your installer works out the kinks you should be fine. IMO he should have done this already before you opened to the public. Just a shame after spending that kind of money you have to go through this.