What's new

New regulators now pressure won't go to 1000 psi in all bays.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Just installed new pressure regulators in all 3 of my self serve bays for my medium and high pressure functions and when I had my helper go into the bay and turn a medium pressure function on and had him pull the trigger while I set it at 500 psi, now the same thing for a high pressure function had him pull the trigger while I set the pressure and the gauge only goes to (I want to say 980 psi) no further and in all the bays when tested, could this be a sign all gauges are bad or the guns need replaced? but the old regulator would goto 1000 psi when on a high pressure function.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Replaced the nozzles in all bays and no change, now it goes to 900 psi on the gauge and no higher I also installed new gauges and new guns in all bays.

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
Maybe the hose is deteriorating either from the boom to the gun or to the equipment room.
Do you have any other bays that are working at the proper pressure?
If so why don't you hook the line from the equipment room to one of the bays that are not getting enough pressure.

Randy

Reaction score
I don’t understand why you’d change all the regulators at one time. My Cat regulators are 29 years old and I’ve never had a problem with them. I run my 310’s at 1500 psi with 1505 nozzle. What kind of pump are you running?

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Cat pump 5cp2120w with a 3hp baldor motor with 555 SMC Balanced Regulators from KR I left a message with KR that they may have sent me 3 low pressure regulators

Randy

Reaction score
Now I see what could have happened. They might have sent you all low pressure regulators. But what I still don’t understand why change all of them at one time. Are they all bad?