What's new

New Reclaim Install with JCC Water Wizard 1.0

Buzzie8

Reaction score
Today is my first day up and running with my new Nu Wave Industries Pur Water reclaim system. Everything seems to be OK except when the boom arm is under pressure doing the front and the back of the vehicle. When the side pressure it is on it is OK but when the solenoid for the side turns off the CAT pump makes a strange noise. I am pretty sure that it is not getting starved of water and think that the additional pressure build up because there are less tips delivering water is causing the pump to make a bit of a rattle. It is holding consistant 1000 PSI pressure and the reclaiim is delivering about 40 PSI to the cat pump. The reclaim and pump seems to be working fine other than the 15 seconds or so that the boom arm is covering the back and front of the car. The pump doesn't sound terribly bad it just sounds a little different. A little scary. Both the fresh water and the reclaim have check valves. If anyone has installed a Pur Water with a JCC ww 1.0 it would be greatly appreciated if you contacted me.
Thanks,
Buzzie

Chiefs

Reaction score
Who in the world told you you could run a CAT pump on reclaim water? CATs are extremely sensitive to any particulates in the water, even as small as 5 micron. Also, the soap in the water when under pressure tends to create air bubbles and may cause cavitation. The only positive displacement pump that I would ever recommend for use with reclaim water would be a Wanner/Hydracell. When the CAT dies (which it will soon), buy a Wanner/Hydracell.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
Been running a Cat on a GOOD reclaim (Pur Clean) for over two years now with no problems.

mac

Reaction score
I've also seen many Cat pumps run on reclaim water. Some for many years. I suspect the pressure regulator/unloader may be the cause of the noise. Does it make the same noise when running on fresh water only? If not, it points to the reclaim as the source of the noise. You could then test that by hooking up a fresh water source to the pump at city water pressre and compare the sound.

washnvac

Reaction score
I have a different pump on a Pur-Clean system. The issue seems to be that when you are dropping to less nozzles, the reclaim unit is still pushing water at 45 psi. Typically, your pump is gravity fed; therefore there is an automatic reduction in the intake water when you are running less nozzles; but not with the reclaim.

Where is your by-pass water going from the regulator? Mine was going to the fresh water tank. So when reclaim was on the first few cycles, any bypass was contaminating my fresh water. I replumbed it into a circle, so now I really get noise and shaking when only a few nozzles are on. I have 2 demas (1 n/c and 1 n/o) ordered that I will hook into the regulator bypass. When reclaim is on, it will run back to the reclaim tanks. When fresh is on, it will go back into the fresh tank.

Austin

Reaction score
I would play around with your unloader. You should have about 1000 psi on top gantry nozzles and about 750 psi when all nozzles are on.

The other thing you can do is throttle back the reclaim water going to the cat pump. I assume there is a shut off valve controlling the reclaim water line that goes to the cat pump. When the wash is in use, close the reclaim valve slowly until the noise stops. Obviously don't shut it all the way but we keep ours at about 1/2 shut. The cat pumps don't like being force fed water, even at 40-50 psi they behave a lot better and smoother being gravity fed. Let me know if that helped.

Buzzie8

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. After a lot of troubleshooting, we determined that the additonal H2O that the unloader supplies the pump when the boom nozzles are isolated causes the pump to rattle and too much water is getting back to the pump. We are taking the unloader hose that feeds back to the pump and plumbing it to the first reclaim tank. Also, from the earlier post about reclaim contaminating fresh water. I had the same problem when the undercarriage ran, so I took the hose that fed back to the fresh water and plumbed it to the reclaim. I will use same plumbing to take the unloader water to the reclaim. Appreciate all your help.