What's new

New prospect owner need advice

dynomonkey

Reaction score
Just stumbled on a carwash that might be for sale in the dallas market. Can someone recommend a person who could help in the due dudiligence. Its a small SS with no automatic. Not on a busy street. Thanks in advance.

captain cw

Reaction score
No automatic on a slow street? It better be listed very affordable. Get tax returns and make sure the equipment is in good shape.

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
you probably need a little more info, but tell us why you want to buy it.
Price?
Income
Both, is it a tear down and better suited for a real money maker? We all hear how competitive Texas is , and the low prices, and difficulty in making money, and Larger bigger muddier trucks in Texas. A slow street will be an obstacle, unless you are close to a very busy street. Post a picture if you can

Tpoppa

Reaction score
When I bought my wash, I requested 3 years of water usage history to project some business volume. It actually turned out to be an accurate indicator.

dynomonkey

Reaction score
That's a great ideal tpoppa.

Why?
1. I've always thought that a carwash business that I could manage along with my current career would be a great way to shore up some finances. (or ruin them)
2. Not having to worry about employees was also appealing, or at least not many employees.
3. Some what of a DIY person. Should be able to fix things myself
4. My current job is flexible, but takes me out of town some. But not enough to make me an absent owner.
5. Outside work
6. Love to wash my truck!!
7. Give my teenagers a JOB!!
8. I love coins!?!?

pitzerwm

Reaction score
dyno, lots of luck with #7.

IMO you can do anything that you really want to do. Will it be worth it, only time will tell and the measurement is totally yours.