What's new

New island machine options

David Rolf

Reaction score
Last year I bought a 4 bay SS with 6 vacuums & vending from my folks which they owned for 18 years. It was in repair and needed a lot work. We took the challenge head on and replaced all 4 bay panels, booms, hoses, guns, Cryptopay readers in all bays, updated vacs with Cryptopay, painted the entire place, resealed the parking lot, new LED lighting throughout, and a bunch of other repairs I completed. It's running great and making good money each month in this small farm town of 7000 people plus resort travelers. My question is on all three vacuum islands we have the older Fragramatics from 1995 for carpet cleaning and fragrance. These machines are not making a great deal and are getting tired. I've been looking to replace all the old machines, but not seeing too many options. My vacuums are all rebuild and in great shape so we don't need a vac/combo's. I'm looking for new machines that serve the customers of today. Maybe a air pump tire machine? Is there any new machines that produce more profits and appeal to all? I'm nearing the end of my car wash rebuild and looking for new island machines to round out my car wash. Any ideas and thoughts are welcome. Thanks David

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Not sure what "Getting Tired" means. Most machines unless smashed up can be made to look and perform like new with Cleaning, decals and new parts for a lot less than replacing. Tire inflation may be a good addition. Don't expect revenue to be the same as a Vac.

MEP001

Reaction score
Other than tire air, there really isn't anything new to add. I'd suggest taking another look at the equipment you have and make sure everything is working 100%.

FWIW, I've been reworking some old machines that haven't worked in years, one of which is a Fragramatics shampo/spot remover vac. It still looks like crap but it works like new and is my biggest income unit despite being in the worst spot. I give them a ton of time for shampoo.