What's new

New Investor looking at Express Tunnel

Quixotic

Reaction score
Hi all - I'm looking to build an express tunnel and am looking for any and all feedback.

A. Is it profitable at 5k plus cars a month?
B. Who is the best service partner out there Sunny's, PDQ, etc...
C. Any new construction stories good and bad?

Thanks for the feedback

MEP001

Reaction score
A. Is it profitable at 5k plus cars a month?
That seems like an incredibly low number when an express tunnel should be able to turn out something like 1000 cars a day. What sort of budget do you have? They can get into the millions, and some charge only $3 for a base wash.

Quixotic

Reaction score
site will only fit a 65' tunnel .82 acres budget 4.5 but won't cost that for that site so I'll look to build #2 within a 6 months if looks promising

MC3033

Reaction score
Your not going to be profitable on a ground up at 5k cars a month unless you are getting the land and construction for a steal.

If it’s .82 acres and can only fit a 65’ tunnel I would recommend doing automatics or finding another lot (unless you have killer demographics)

I would recommend looking at Sonnys or Motor City. You will likely want to pick someone with a great local distributor

Quixotic

Reaction score
Your not going to be profitable on a ground up at 5k cars a month unless you are getting the land and construction for a steal.

If it’s .82 acres and can only fit a 65’ tunnel I would recommend doing automatics or finding another lot (unless you have killer demographics)

I would recommend looking at Sonnys or Motor City. You will likely want to pick someone with a great local distributor
Fair I’ll look for a bigger site to hit the 10k mark.