What's new

New Gantry Wheels and Dodge Bearings

Etowah

Buzzie8

Reaction score
After my problem last week with a wheel, motor and bearings gone bad on my one wash. I looked at the condition of my other WW 1.0's wheels and decided that I should replace them as well. I know this is a long shot but does anyone know where to buy these at a more reasonable price than $250+ each? Also, I need a good place to buy the dodge bearings.

dclark3344

Reaction score
I had one machine shop quote me $200 each, I am going to check with another machine shop that I think will be more reasonable. I am going to get all drive wheels because they will work either way.
My bearings I purchased from Bob Hill on ebay they were stainless steel bearings for less than the cast iron bearings. I also spot welded the bearing on the shaft to make sure it did not spin on the shaft. I have had that happen and I have had the race spin out in the cast iron housing, which I do not think will happen with the stainless steel.

Reds

Reaction score
If you decide to buy dodge bearings you can go on their website dodge-pt.com and search around and find the dimensions for their pillow blocks. You can also go on the Timkin site and get a Dodge/Timkin Interchange chart. I used Dodge P2B-SC-104 bearings. 1?" shaft, 5" mounting bolt centers, 1 7/8ths from base to shaft centerling. I believe dodge also had some variations of the same pillow block (different seals, etc). You can buy them at Applied.com and other websites. I found some brand new ones on Ebay. The stainless steel bearings would be a good substitute if you can find them.

Last edited: