What's new

New Conveyor Install

WashFixer

Reaction score
I started my first conveyor R&R this week. Yesterday we got most of the old one ripped out, today we finished tearing out, prepping the pit, and we got about half the new conveyor sitting in the pit. Pretty good for me and one helper, luckily the employees at the wash have been around to clean as we pulled out but a couple more on my team would be ideal.
The old conveyor was an 18 year old hanna, and the new is an AVW and we'll be upgrading to a log chain. The AVW is built pretty dang heavy. I'm excited to try out the log chain, I've never worked with one but I'm told they are the way to go.
Hopefully the momentum keeps going and we can wash a couple cars Friday! I'll keep you updated

Attachments

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Some Tips for AVW. Is there a slot under the exit trap door? If so weld a piece of steel across it so if a car drives out and whacks a roller it won't jump the opening into the slot and jam. Are exit door hinges welded if you have a steel door? If so have the fab some bolt on hinges (Round tabs with a steel piece for the door shaft) so you won't have to break out the welder when they keep whacking the door and break it off. Also highly recommend the Vaughn V Trac Rollers. Look goofy - work great. Not sure if they have a log chain type.

WashFixer

Reaction score
Good info thanks Earl! It does have a bolt on trap door so that should be good. Vaughn was the dealer but surprisingly they sent AVW rollers. I don't think I've seen the V tracks but I'll check them out.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Never hd good luck with rubber hinge doors. They seem to get trashed quickly from customers driving out at the end. If it breaks you might consider a steel door replacement.

WashFixer

Reaction score
Great install and nice looking tunnel. Are you using a manual roller up at the entrance?
Thanks! It has the typical air cylinder for roller up but they asked if I'd weld on an arm just in case they want to send a car manually if somethings not working

Etowah