What's new

New Automatic for short bay

peaches

Reaction score
I have a 32' length bay and need to replace the old automatic. Is there any new automatic equipment that can be fit to such a short bay length?

cooll903

Reaction score

cooll903

Reaction score
i have the kodor's older brother the saber and i like it. the support from them is great!!

mac

Reaction score
I think there are a couple of 3 brush friction or touch less machines that will fit. I know the Istobal will fit.

Ryko CS

Reaction score
A Softgloss will work fine in that bay using a short bay kit to close the rear arms when it travels towards the entrance

Roz

Reaction score
We placed a Razor in a 30' bay, with stand alone dryers outside the exit. Check ceiling height as that will impact your purchase choices too. We had to bump up (by 1') the ceiling for a 8' section so we can service the Razor. Relatively easy and cost effective to do, just required a little planning.

soonermajic

Reaction score
We placed a Razor in a 30' bay, with stand alone dryers outside the exit. Check ceiling height as that will impact your purchase choices too. We had to bump up (by 1') the ceiling for a 8' section so we can service the Razor. Relatively easy and cost effective to do, just required a little planning.
What were the dimensions on your Razor bay?

Ryko CS

Reaction score
What's requirements for HxLxW on a short bay Ryko
A "standard" recommended minimum would be 11'-4"H x 34'-9"L (to use track extensions) x 15'-2" W. You can go down to 14'-6" width without having any issues. These would be for a machine without an off-board dry, so free and clear space. By adding the short bay kit, you can get it down to as low as a 28'-6" long bay to wash a vehicle 16'-8" long to still wash an SUV completely (meaning the top brush can get all the way to the rear). If you had a bay like this with 32', you should be able to wash up to about a 20'-2" long vehicle completely. Keep in mind these lengths are based on free and clear space for the machine, so if you add a dryer, you would need that space added, or outside.

washtech46

Reaction score
If you are looking for a good really fast touch less wash, look at the Oasis Typhoon. Typically im programming to wash bottom wash in 1:30 and top wash with everything on the market done in under 4:15... check them out, i have put them in 32' (totally clear space) bays and if your ceiling is tall enough you could go with a van version which will wash 8' tall and width of duallys...if not you can do a "car version " and will have 7' height clearance and still have dually capabilities! With a 32' bay, either version will still wash my truck ..a 4door dodge 1 ton dually with a full 8' box!! . Check the Oasis Typhoon out, you won't be disappointed!!

soonermajic

Reaction score
WashTec, appreciate the owner response!!

Roz & Ryko, thanks for yalls help. Im looking at a wash, near Tyler Tx to give advice to a newbie...

Last edited:

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I went through one of these in Keene, NH last week. It was a nice, fast wash. I was a bit disappointed with the tire shine application and overall wash quality, though.

For me, this machine is too complicated. I prefer the inverted L machines, myself. Maybe they are slower, but I like the wash quality and ease of maintenance with the L's.

soonermajic

Reaction score
I went through one of these in Keene, NH last week. It was a nice, fast wash. I was a bit disappointed with the tire shine application and overall wash quality, though.

For me, this machine is too complicated. I prefer the inverted L machines, myself. Maybe they are slower, but I like the wash quality and ease of maintenance with the L's.
What was disappointing about the Tire Shine?

washtech46

Reaction score

Waxman, I COMPLETELY understand. Although as anybody in the touchless business can attest to, if you aren't using a really good product specifically for the touchless application, and not only that but keep it titrated monthly not only to stay on top of your cost but more importantly the checking quality of the customers wash, then you might as well just be satisfied with an ok experience for your customers! I for one am not!
As far as complicated... really other than greasing once a week, there's nothing much else to it! Almost all of the typhoons we've installed in recent years we don't do anything but, minor upkeep [hoses and sometimes proxes] literally for the first 3or4 years... Now all of the programming and anything to do with adjustments I do from my computer wherever I'm at, at that moment.
As far as the tire shine, being honest with you, I totally agree! I've only installed a few but even the newest version we recently installed couldn't do anything with an 18" rim! That's insane in this day and time....cannot successfully shine half of the trucks on the road now! That was an 8' roller and once upgraed to a 9' then all was well.....well not really.... Think the brand was Wheel Boss

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not sure the wheel size; it was Eric's car. I think the dryers were in the bay, but we went to a few washes that day, so I'm not 100% sure on that.