What's new

Need source for blower motor not coleman

Tmann

Reaction score
I'm looking for a source for a blower motor 10 HP besides Coleman for my 5 yr old Wizard 1.0. Bearing froze up and back bearing came apart. Anyone found a source that will fit the 15 inch opening? Graingers comes close at 16 and 1/8. Thanks for any suggestions.

soapy

Reaction score
A good electrical motor shop should be able to rebuild your motor much cheaper than a new motor. Usually in a day or less.

dclark3344

Reaction score
I have used an Industrial Motor rebuild shop here that has rebuilt even the Drive motors on my WW 1.0. Now I have a Stainless Steel substitute Drive motor and I know they could rebuild and find a replacement motor for the blowers probably in stock. Get on the phone one is probably closer than you think, esp if you have any factories nearby.

MEP001

Reaction score
I found a replacement compressor motor (Baldor) on an eBay store and paid $400 less than Ingersoll-Rand wanted for the piece of junk direct replacement. Grainger didn't have one that would replace it exactly. If I remember correctly it even had free shipping.

Any time you buy from eBay, study their history and feedback first.

mac

Reaction score
It's fairly easy to just open the motor and replace the bearing yourself. Do both bearings if you do it. Parts should be about 20 each. Go to a power transmission/bearing place for it.

Buzzie8

Reaction score
Where did you get your replacement drive motor?

I have used an Industrial Motor rebuild shop here that has rebuilt even the Drive motors on my WW 1.0. Now I have a Stainless Steel substitute Drive motor and I know they could rebuild and find a replacement motor for the blowers probably in stock. Get on the phone one is probably closer than you think, esp if you have any factories nearby.
DC,
Where did you buy your replacement drive motor for WW 1.0? I think I need one should know later tonight JC want $600+
Buzzie