What's new

Need Opinions on what Auto Car Wash to add to SS

Vince

Reaction score
Was curious as to whether or not there is a particular automatic Car Wash bay that is preferable to others. Circling on an 7 bay SS car wash to buy but the Automatic Bay (or whatever the correct terminology is) needs to be replaced. Interested to hear the various opinions from some of the seasoned pros here.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
Depends on many things.

First thing would be the size of your bay? Then budget and expected cpd?

Vince

Reaction score
Depends on many things.

First thing would be the size of your bay? Then budget and expected cpd?
I'm a newbie, so, not sure on what I would even need to budget. Thought I'd start with the range of options. What is Cpd?

washnshine

Reaction score
You will narrow your choices down to about half once you determine if you want a friction machine - brushes, or touchfree - high pressure. You’ll want to consider your demographic, competition and type of vehicles you will be washing.

traveler17

Reaction score
I would seriously consider finding another wash and pick the owners brain, learn the ups and downs. You’re a self admitted newbie and that’s great you want to get into this but it’s not all going in once or twice a week and get your cash and go home. And don’t read me wrong , not being negative. There is ALOT that goes into these washes, SS, IBA and tunnels that people don’t consider. You came to the right place though, but you’re seeking advice that is very broad. There are too many questions. Like stated above , friction, touchless, do you want employees??? Narrow the questions down and you’ll probably get more answers. Good luck!!

MEP001

Reaction score
It's also important to know what's around you. If all the other IBAs are friction, you might want to consider touchless.