What's new

Need help with WS II

soonermajic

Reaction score
My double sided credit card swiper was jammed up with quarters. I unjammed rhem and the CC swioer is no good now. I overnighted a panasonic panasonic double sided swiper plugged it in tonight with the machine turned on. Machine read "remove card",& within 15 seconds i smelled plastic burning & noticed mother board on CC swiper was getting very hot. Not sure where ive gone wrong. Could it possibly be bc i didn't turn the machine off?

Also old double side swiper had a metal frame around it, so it would match up wirh the front of the pay station and bolt holes. New double sided Panasonic reader didn't have that frame. How do i remedy that?

Last edited:

JGinther

Zip-tie engineer
Reaction score
If you changed from a single single sided credit card reader to a Panasonic dual side reader, you have to make sure you have the correct version of board and software to support it. I don't remember off the top of my head, but I think it's rev g or later?

But I just reread the post and you already had a dual side reader. Was the old one a Panasonic? Are you sure it was a dual side reader?

STXCW

Reaction score
are they both the same voltage?
Also be sure the plug is in the correct configuration

soonermajic

Reaction score
Bought CC swiper from RDM. I had a replacement overnighted from Unitec today. Supposed to be here tomorrow around 10:30am CST.
I will report back on progress. I am losing $10,000/ day (that's in coaching dollars) in CC sales.!!😰