What's new

Need HELP with RO

TundraLu

Reaction score
I have been running an Aexon HF5 4x40 with a Goulds pump for well over 8 years but was dumping 3.5 GPM concentrate to waste. Then noticed the Goulds pump was leaching rust into the membrane so i decided to swap it out and ordered the wrong pump. I think i needed a 330GPH Procon pump. My input TDS is 220 softened water with 5 micron sediment filter and carbon to protect the membrane. My TDS out of the Membrane is 568 for Concentrate and 2 for Permeate. I decided to change it up to help reduce wastewater so ordered a new membrane and procon pump with 3.4 hp motor.

I now have a procon 240GPH pump with a 3/4 HP Carbonator motor. I am using a Brand New AXEON HF5 4x40 membrane that produces 2500GPD at 80 psi. The spec sheet says it will do 3000 GPD at 100 Psi. I am using the Procon 240GPH and only see 2.2 GPM of Concentrate and think I need 3 GPM minimum from reading in here. Can I recycle to get more GPM to Concentrate to help keep the membrane from fouling?

Thanks for any input.

Last edited:

Buckeye Hydro

Reaction score
Remember that your permeate output is affected (reduced) by water temperatures below 77F.

With your 4" membrane you should adjust your concentrate to a minimum of 3 gpm. When you do that you'll see a drop in the pump pressure and an decrease in the permeate flow. The best solution is to use an appropriately sized pump.

Do you have a carbon TANK, or a CARBON BLOCK cartridge filter?

Russ

Last edited: