What's new

Need help adjusting Flowmeter

dogwasher

Reaction score
I have two automatics that have never had a way to control the flow of Clear Coat/wax when being injected into the rinse cycle, only a ball valve. I just installed a Dwyer M#VFA Flowmeter to control the flow of wax into the rinse cycle, the scale on the front says "LPM Air" with a scale from 0 up to 25.
Anyone now where I should have this adjusted and or did I buy the correct Flowmeter? This meter is built for Air, Gas or water

Thanks!

dogwasher

Reaction score
I purchased the FLowmeter from Kleenrite it is a clear plastic 4" tall, 1" square with the little metal ball that floats up or down the scale. Kleenrite advertises it for air, gas or water the directions also verify that but I guess they printed the Air scale on it? I think the directions give me the formula from air to water.

dogwasher

Reaction score
I purchased the FLowmeter from Kleenrite it is a clear plastic 4" tall, 1" square with the little metal ball that floats up or down the scale. Kleenrite advertises it for air, gas or water the directions also verify that but I guess they printed the Air scale on it? I think the directions give me the formula from air to water.

Well I just looked a little further into this and it seams Kleenrite sent me the incorrect part
There is a choice of three .6-5 GPH 2-10 GPH or 3-20 GPH
I still need input on how much wax/drying agent I should be adding to the rinse cycles, I ordered the 2-10 GPH is this correct?

soapy

Reaction score
Depending on how concentrated your wax is the 2-10 gph might be a little overkill. I use flow meters on all functions used on my automatics even the ones that go through injectors that can use calculated tips. FOr waxes I generally set them between 1 to 2 gph. That gives me good beading and smell. Experiment a little with your flow rate until you get the results you want. If your meter is allowing to much product you can dilute the wax with water so that you can adjust your flow meter to your liking. For waxes I use a 1 to 5 gph meter.