What's new

Need advice - New IBA Friction

Pap

Reaction score
We have an old Autec EV1 that needs to be replaced. I have only been in the business for 6 years and this will be my first replacement. The bay is 34' which limits our options. PDQ & Wash World bowed out of the running due to the bay length. I'm currently looking at the Freestyler, Mark VII, Istobal Flex 5, or Ryko Maxx 5. From my conversations with the tech groups from each of these companies, they have assured me they can function in this bay length. Given my lack of experience, I'm requesting your input with regard to the quality of these machines. We do realize the value the distributor plays, however, for this conversation we are focusing on the manufacturers. I am mechanical and perform 99% of all the maintenance and repairs. The ability to remotely reset the machine and manage the wash remotely is of high value. In addition, we will be keeping our off-board dryers, so drying will not be a factor. For services, we will have the basic hi/lo soap but also looking to provide 3x foam, hot wax/lava (something similar), drying agent, ceramic, and spot-free (the machine needs have the outputs to interface with our current system). Any suggestions or inputs from you would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance!

ChampionsAutoWash

Reaction score
We have a Mark VII IBA ... I think it's 40' though. We just closed on the business two weeks ago. It interfaces with our Wash Select II... the quality is superior compared to others in the area that I have compared to personally and customers go out of their way to come to our car wash. The service tech that was just here knows his stuff well enough to tell you everything you are willing to know and do to learn how to properly fix and maintain your machine on your own with confidence. I love this machine and the simplicity of the technology that can be added and how easily things can be maintained.

soonermajic

Reaction score
I got a new Ryko Max5 last yr. It will do everything youentioned + hp TC. I also use stand alone dryers, for no drip & faster throughput.
Biggest issue is avg cleaning on back ends, especially under visor of SUVs, & Lava Wax /ColorWave needs to be brighter, & TC blast pattern is a little too broad (needs to concentrate more on wheels).
Overall, Id definitely buy it again. They have good service & a special running right now.

washtech46

Reaction score
How about an Oasis typhoon, xp, or i5? Have you considered any of those options?
The typhoon is the fastest machine on market with speeds around a 4-445 wash applying ALL those options you mentioned. It uses 48-0deg nozzles and keeps a fairly constant distance around the vehicles, no matter the size with the sonar technology used. It's a very impressive Wash but as with anything it's only as good as it's upkeep [greasing and monthly titrating] .and the use of a GOOD QUALITY product being applied!
All of these machines are accessible by the owner on the vnc network from your phone or computer n matter where you are in the country! It's as if your standing in front of your panelview, plus we have I believe unmatched technical service to boot!
Check them out, you won't be disappointed!

soonermajic

Reaction score
How about an Oasis typhoon, xp, or i5? Have you considered any of those options?
The typhoon is the fastest machine on market with speeds around a 4-445 wash applying ALL those options you mentioned. It uses 48-0deg nozzles and keeps a fairly constant distance around the vehicles, no matter the size with the sonar technology used. It's a very impressive Wash but as with anything it's only as good as it's upkeep [greasing and monthly titrating] .and the use of a GOOD QUALITY product being applied!
All of these machines are accessible by the owner on the vnc network from your phone or computer n matter where you are in the country! It's as if your standing in front of your panelview, plus we have I believe unmatched technical service to boot!
Check them out, you won't be disappointed!
He said FRICTION, so maybe you could tell him about the i5...?

mac

Reaction score
Since I used to sell Istobals and currently have one of their extended height 3 brush machines, I'm am a little biased, but I do know their 3 brush unit will do everything you are looking for. Their 5 brush does wash a little faster but costs more and of course has more parts to go bad and replace. You can add high pressure features that make it do an amazing job. If you do go there get the high pressure wheel blasters. The are recessed in the frame so there is nothing to hit and you gain about 20 inches of wash width clearance. Whatever you end up with, it will certainly outclean that Autec with the stupid mitter curtain.

Pap

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for your input! This information is certainly going to be very helpful to us. Thanks again!

mac

Reaction score
At least you are smart enough to ask here instead of listening to salesmen.

STXCW

Reaction score
A wall mounted PDQ Surfline will fit in a 34' bay, now if you need a frame then it needs 35' minimum