What's new

Need a new extractor/shampooer

Etowah

DavidM

Reaction score
Our two machines, (an old Cobra and a Mytee HP-100) are pretty close to the end of their life cycle.
Does anyone have any recommendations? I have looked at Powr-Flite and Mytee. I don't think I want another Cobra.

David

soapy

Reaction score
I have been happy with my Python and express detailers I got from Detail plus. I have a couple of mytee express detailers that work ok but it is a pain to change the dirty water on the Mytee's.

Danny

Reaction score
Galaxy does some neat stuff with their machines. The big one is an externally mounted heater that can be bypassed if it needs to be replaced so you are not out your extractor while trying to fix it. They also include a hose to circulate the hot water through the tank this help heat the water more on cold days. Check it out.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had a Galaxy and loved it until the heater went and it was expensive to replace.

I now run an older Thoromatic I picked up cheap while I was building my new shop and $ was tight.

I'll be looking to replace it next year with a smaller unit that can heat the water fast. Not sure which one yet; haven't researched it too much.

DavidM

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I wish I could do side by side comparisons of a couple machines before I drop $1,000 - $1500 on one.

I may just go with a Mytee because it is available from Kleen-Rite and I can pick it up there. Our Mytee HP-100 has held up well.

coincarwash.ca

Washin cars in the GTA
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I wish I could do side by side comparisons of a couple machines before I drop $1,000 - $1500 on one.

I may just go with a Mytee because it is available from Kleen-Rite and I can pick it up there. Our Mytee HP-100 has held up well.
I bought a US products extractor from Kleen-Rite and it works great. I havent used the Mytee 100, but a friend has one and he is not too happy with it, but he says it is not too bad.