What's new

Need a canopy

jlconley

NTB
Reaction score
We are in the market for a canopy for finish work ( towel dry, and interior work) anybody know of any manufacturers or recommendations. I looked into gas station type systems by Fashion and McGee but was looking for something a little more costs effective, and specific to our needs.
Want to be able to cover four cars or finish stations, and don't have to have side enclosures.
I really liked what Trico Shade has to offer, has anyone had any experience with their structures?

Last edited:

pitzerwm

Reaction score
I built my own. I had some 4x4 steel post welded up with some brackets to make a T and added brackets to the top of the T to bolt cross "beams" across the two T's. Then laid down steel roofing. Cheap and its still there 20+ years later. I put them in concrete, but pored vac islands around the post. Size was 16' x 80'

pitzerwm

Reaction score
The top one is the canopy and the bottom is how I added 15' for the IBA and the bug was my famous landmark.

JimmyJaffa

Reaction score
There are several shade/awning companies that specialize in the car wash industry that use a South African designed shade cloth. We use a company called Idustrial Shadeport in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. Because of the simplicity of manufacturing, knock off companies are sprouting up all over the country (2 just opened here in Jacksonville). The only limitation is that when there is a wind over 65 MPH, the awning have to be removed. In 10 years use in Jacksonville, we removed them 3 times, only once was it necessary.