What's new

Nayax reader wiring

Self serve

Reaction score
- Hello all, I am new to the forum, found this site while searching for credit card payment readers. And I am looking for more info on the Nayax card reader system for our 8 bay self serve car wash. The place is over 50 years old, with quarters only, and I will need to add display timers to the bays. I'm looking at the Dixmor LED6. I want to add a credit card system also. The Nayax readers seem to be a modern item to use with all of the payment ways.
- But, I am having a hard time finding out how to wire these Nayax to my 24 volt bays with the SlugBusters? I emailed Kleenrite, and the rep said their guys don't have experience with the Nayax. Just the Cryptopay. I've been trying local vending machine companies and they say that they do not work with the 'pulse' style that I will need? I tried the Nayax company sales, and they weren't too helpful with knowledge of what for me to do? Or steering me in the right direction.
- So, basically, I want to add new timers with readouts to the bays, and a cashless payment system that will be compatible with the new timers. I seem to be sold on the Nayax readers, but can't find advice on the wiring? Anyone on the list able to give experience on wiring these up? Can you make me a wiring diagram as yours may be? Thanks. SS.

MEP001

Reaction score
Keep in mind that the main advantage to accepting credit cards in your self serve bays is that you can set it to count up with a single swipe and allow the customer to wash as long as they want without interacting with the payment system. You'll have customers spend at least 25% more per car over cash, and they'll be happier not having to feed the meter. IIRC, Nayax is MDB based which means if you're able to get it to work at all it will just send coin pulses with a swipe.

Self serve

Reaction score
You are right. That’s the advantage of the readers. Is there another unit that will accept multiple ways to pay like the Nayax does?

Randy

Reaction score
USA Technologies ePort G9 is the system we see the most of at the car washes here, mostly mounted on the front of the bill changers because of the bulky hardware that is used to support the reader. The ePort G9 can be setup to send pulses to the timer or bill changer. You have to realize there is more than just the reader that is mounted on the outside of the equipment to these systems, you need a pretty large space to install the components.

JustClean

Reaction score
I've got the Nayax reader (the old model - not the VPOS Touch).
Both models use pulse OR MDB, you pick.
Hooking it up to pulse was really easy (but can't remember how). Using MDB is even easier with just connecting two plugs.
With the VPOS Touch you can let the customer press how long to use the bay. He can choose freely: 1min, 3min, 5min, 10min, 20min or whatever long you want. You cannot set it to "count-up". They won't allow it where I live.
With Cryptopay you can still swipe but a reader without tap or chip is not permitted in my country anymore.
Due to the fact that Nayax uses the MDB protocol I was able to build my own entry system simple and cheap as chips using the parts of a vending machine. The whole entry system cost me $3000 brand new.

Oh, forgot: Nayax connects via the mobile phone, wireless or fixed lan. Mine is hooked up via mobile phone and with this I am able to turn on any machine. So, if a SS bay is out of order I can turn on a different one, vacuum, dogwash or an automatic wash.

Last edited:

Self serve

Reaction score
Yes. the VPOS touch seems to do a lot of different payment options. Even the regular VPOS seems fine. I was set on dealing with Nayax, but they haven't been helpful at all for me to wire this unit in, or even recommend a tech in the area to come over to install one of these to try it. It can't be all that hard, just finding the right wire to do the right action. If I had some kind of diagram to follow, I would be trying it. I may have to look elsewhere for a different reader? Maybe their tech department would be more helpful. I have a real job during the day, so, I have been hitting and missing at this for a while, and reading up on these when I can.

JustClean

Reaction score
Yes. the VPOS touch seems to do a lot of different payment options. Even the regular VPOS seems fine. I was set on dealing with Nayax, but they haven't been helpful at all for me to wire this unit in, or even recommend a tech in the area to come over to install one of these to try it. It can't be all that hard, just finding the right wire to do the right action. If I had some kind of diagram to follow, I would be trying it. I may have to look elsewhere for a different reader? Maybe their tech department would be more helpful. I have a real job during the day, so, I have been hitting and missing at this for a while, and reading up on these when I can.

I found a diagram for my Microcoin acceptor. I hope you find that useful. Cheers Justclean

PS BTW They don't sell the normal VPOS here anymore. The VPOS Touch is more waterproof and the display has a longer life. I would definitely go with VPOS TOUCH. however, since the new model is only one part if anything went wrong with the old one you were able to replace only the reader and not the "brain" which is half the price.

Last edited:

cjc118

Reaction score
I had the wiring issue like you. I realize it is a long time ago but I did finally get it working with tech support and the correct cable for pulse. I'm in Canada and we can use count up which i am. Just wired it in parrallel with my timer output. I have since gotten rid of my coins entirely.

H-town

Reaction score
Did you install those Nayax readers?

Dylanbennett

Reaction score
Did you install those Nayax readers?
I am in the process myself wireing a nayax and led6 to my self serv bays I set it up on the work bench to verify operation before I install in the bay I'm waiting on nayax to set up my account at this point its been 3 weeks so far

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
The Internet for Nayax let's talk about it I have crypto now is Nayax wireless wifi to each bay or no. I don't want to use the mobile towers already have high speed internet in place how does that work. Thank yall

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
Nayax offers THIS ADAPTER for hardwired installations.
It plugs into the back of the reader and provides an RJ-45 female socket for the Cat5e/Cat6 network cable.
Install a network cable from each meter box to an equipment room network switch. The network switch then connects to your DSL/cable modem.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Nayax offers THIS ADAPTER for hardwired installations.
It plugs into the back of the reader and provides an RJ-45 female socket for the Cat5e/Cat6 network cable.
Install a network cable from each meter box to an equipment room network switch. The network switch then connects to your DSL/cable modem.

Do they offer a wireless wifi setup like cryptopay if not I will have to run hardwire cat5 to every meterbox is that correct to utilize the internet

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
I am not aware of wifi capability for Nayax.
It's either their standard cellular or your LAN.
LAN requires CAT5 to each meter box.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Is there no cellular service?
There is a choice for cell service $10 a month per reader OR internet like others have said cat5 cable to each meterbox I hate that bc I currently have cryptopay and using high speed internet for cameras onsite already there systems it's plug and play but I hate there readers. I wonder if nayax offers WIFI connection like cryptopay is what I am really wondering that would be nice and not have to run additional cable through tight conduit to each meterbox

Keno

Reaction score
The cell service was a big plus for me with nayax, basically a bulletproof cell data infrastructure that I don't have to maintain. The high speed internet is already iffy at our locations, so taking the cc off that and having basically 100% up time is a no brainer for us.