What's new

My new kip manifolds/solenoids are leaking

CarWashGuy316

Reaction score
Wondering what is causing this. I put in brand new 4 block and 3 block manifolds with the new solenoids for my foam brush. All brand new

one bay is still leaking. I presume the solenoid is not closing completely? Slow-ish leak.

maybe too much pressure? I’m not sure why brand new one would not be closing completely.

Any help would be great

CarWashGuy316

Reaction score
I replaced the old ones for this exact same reason. They were leaking/not opening sometimes.

when I put the brand new manifold In they worked again for about 2 weeks and now leaking again

OurTown

Reaction score
Do you have a filter on your pump pick up? It could be picking up some trash from the tank.

CarWashGuy316

Reaction score
Working on them last week maybe I knocked some rust loose or something ima just gonna take em apart and see what’s going on

Etowah

washnvac

Reaction score
Do you have winter time foam brush automatic changeover with purge? If yes, then it could be a check valve on that part of the system. There is a check valve on each bay to keep winter fb from pushing back into the block when it is purging. These can be a bitch to figure out which one; I usually just change them all when one starts to leak through.

If you do not have that system, then I would guess as you said some debris got in block.

Roz

Reaction score
We just had a backflow issue with a LP function that turned out to be a check value with a lot of dirt inside it so HP function was flowing down the LP line. Only figured out the bay in question by chance. Can test one at a time or replace them all as suggested above.

mac

Reaction score
One thing that surprised me was how foam brush soap could make a solenoid plunger seal swell up. That in not the case here but over time it happens to the plunger seals that are black. The red seals don’t do that. Just strange.