What's new

Muffler "blown" off Flojet

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I know this questions has been brought up before, but I'm being lazy today :p

My engine and tire cleaner pump (Flojet) is continuing to blow the muffler off. I have checked for moisture in my lines and all appears well, but it is getting a little ridiculous. Should I be looking at replacing that pump shortly? Any ideas what would cause it?

Thanks!

John

CCAR

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I know this questions has been brought up before, but I'm being lazy today :p

My engine and tire cleaner pump (Flojet) is continuing to blow the muffler off. I have checked for moisture in my lines and all appears well, but it is getting a little ridiculous. Should I be looking at replacing that pump shortly? Any ideas what would cause it?

Thanks!

John
I think what happens is the muffler is not attached to the plastic barb very well. I have had this happen also. To keep it from happening again I put a plastic zip tie around it to secure it more tightly to the barb. I have not had one come off since then. I think it's just a poor design. The new kalerz pump that I purchased has a different type of muffler on it which appears to be a better design.

sprocket

Reaction score
I remove mine before I install the pump so there is no chance of freeze up or plug up with debris. I had a muffler on a graco just plug up and I have removed them ever since. No matter what brand.

MEP001

Reaction score
Something might have gotten into the muffler material, probably some air, and once it blows off it won't stay on anymore. It doesn't indicate a problem that it keeps blowing off, and it won't hurt to run it with no muffler. That's all it is for, to reduce operating noise.

Wally

Reaction score
Usually when this happens it is from icing up. You may be thinking its not that cold. If you want to keep the muffler you can put a hole in it from a nail or small screwdriver and it should stay on.

SuperClean

Reaction score
Usually when this happens it is from icing up. You may be thinking its not that cold. If you want to keep the muffler you can put a hole in it from a nail or small screwdriver and it should stay on.
I get ice on mine i have a regulator with a water trap foot from my flojet and another one about 2 ft from that but i still get ice and it falls off but there is no water in the second trap. not sure how to fix that