What's new

More floor heat help

OurTown

Reaction score
Where do you put the drops of oil exactly?

On each end of the motor there are holes that go directly down to the bearings. In your first photo it looks like the one on the rear still has the plug in it. In your video it looks like the front one has the plug removed already. Some pumps have them also right where the shaft goes into the pump but I'm not sure about yours. I can't find one on ours but the smaller pump that is on our heated bay water boiler has one.

slash007

Reaction score
On each end of the motor there are holes that go directly down to the bearings. In your first photo it looks like the one on the rear still has the plug in it. In your video it looks like the front one has the plug removed already. Some pumps have them also right where the shaft goes into the pump but I'm not sure about yours. I can't find one on ours but the smaller pump that is on our heated bay water boiler has one.
I'll check it out. Thanks!

slash007

Reaction score
I finally got my system going last night (replaced the circ pump motor), but one thing has me scratching my head. The glycol level somehow rose to the top of the clear tube. I drained it so that it was back at about halfway up, but it again filled up to the top. I just drained it again today (1.5 gallons worth) to get it back to half way, and it's already almost to the top. What would cause that?

John J Spokas

Reaction score
I finally got my system going last night (replaced the circ pump motor), but one thing has me scratching my head. The glycol level somehow rose to the top of the clear tube. I drained it so that it was back at about halfway up, but it again filled up to the top. I just drained it again today (1.5 gallons worth) to get it back to half way, and it's already almost to the top. What would cause that?
Thermal expansion.

Reactions: Zal