What's new

Monthly Electric bill

MegaBlast

Reaction score
ok I must ask as I am not sure about this BUT....I have a 4 bay SS and my electric bill is a total of 270 a month... I know I have my sewer water in there at about 40.00....is this about right or is that high? my option its high but new to this and trying to look at diff options

Randy

Reaction score
You’ve got to be kidding me $270 a month for power!!! My power bill is around $425 a month, water $375, Garbage $235.00 and business is down. The city keeps raising the utility rates so they can keep the city running. My Gas bill is about $165.00 month, I'm glad I don't have floor heat or a big boiler.

Last edited:

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
I will trade --last month electricity and gas for 3 washes was $8k Very- very cold, not the busiest wash in the world
My House runs over $100 a mo. in the summer, and was $340 last month for electricity and gas. Water bill added another $60. So my equivalent for the house was $400.

MegaBlast

Reaction score
OK OK maybe this was not a good topic....SORRY I better stick to what I am getting on the bill

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
For $10 a day it's a bargain. Sorry I got too worked up thinking about my bills
Hopefully your bill will double and you will have too much business.

MudMoney

Reaction score
Feb 16 to march 21 my 3 bay was $ 321 on electric and $932 on gas with bay doors.Average temp was 19 in feb and 15 in march there was 8 days that never got above zero and the wind averaged 7 mph.Worst winter in 35 years here and it snowed today, glad I got steady income elsewhere.

Tpoppa

Reaction score
My 4 bay SS is in a cold weather climate. For 2010, my gas and electric were each under $1,200 for the year.

Granted my wash isn't the highest volume, but it's a respectable business.

readydave8

Reaction score
ok I must ask as I am not sure about this BUT....I have a 4 bay SS and my electric bill is a total of 270 a month... I know I have my sewer water in there at about 40.00....is this about right or is that high? my option its high but new to this and trying to look at diff options
My 4/bay in NE Georgia runs about that, I like it well-lit and presume that's a lot of it.

washnvac

Reaction score
OK, you guys with those cheap electric bills---what is you actual per kW cost? I have a 4/2 that runs $2k+ per month (very busy wash), and a 5/1 that runs $800-$1k per month.

readydave8

Reaction score
OK, you guys with those cheap electric bills---what is you actual per kW cost? I have a 4/2 that runs $2k+ per month (very busy wash), and a 5/1 that runs $800-$1k per month.

Good point, here it's close to 10cents/kwh, includes all taxes & fees.

I think my secret is not washing many cars?

washnvac

Reaction score
Forgot to mention, my per kW cost is 12.8 cents at my cheapest. And 14.5 at the highest (and ofcourse busiest wash).

SuperClean

Reaction score
Mine are running about 10% of revenue i was thinking that this was high i was wondering what most people run.

readydave8

Reaction score
Mine are running about 10% of revenue i was thinking that this was high i was wondering what most people run.
Mine was about 10% when revenue was higher, gross came down drastically in the last 3 years, lite bill stayed about the same due to poco price increase and like I said lighting. So now its probably around 17%.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Southern Ohio is about .10 cents per KWH..

We just got kicked in the shorts on our water/sewer bill. (We've only owned our wash since mid January and learning the hard way!)...We used half as much water according to our second bill (due to less weep) compared to our first bill and the charge was the same within a few bucks. Come to find out, minimum usage is 21K gallons and minimum fee is $160.00 a month.

Same with NG....Just found out that they too have a minimum fee of $100.00 whether we use any or not! Its starting to make me nervous as to whether we can make this work or not...

Now if only we can double our business. Cost on utilities will be the same...Something just isn't right about this!

Wally

Reaction score
With the motors on the pumps,air compressor,inbay automatic,dryers on the automatic,vacuum motors. It seems that would be the largest usage of electricity and the lights would a small percentage of the electric bill. Am I missing something? I agree with those looking for ways to cut back on the lighting cost. Every nickel counts. The 25 hp motor on the automatic cutting off and on several times in one car wash and then the dryer motors. It just seems that lighting would be a small percentage compared to all of the other usage in the car wash.

Jim L.

Florida panhandle
Reaction score
Wally

Last year April was my best month and the electric bill was $970.79…August was my worst (less than half of April) and the bill was 794.36. I’ve got 30 MH fixtures that keep burning that power weather the wash is busy or not.