What's new

Mix Tank Pump Supply Water Baffles??

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
I have a Mark VII Pump Station and mix tank for the water supply/chemicals for a 4 bay SS. When more than one bay is being used, the water supply tank starts sloshing causing the float valve to kick on and off repeatedly which magnifies the situation. When the water sloshes, it goes out the overflow. Water level is about 1.5" below over-flow hole when none of the bays are in use. It usually doesn't do this with only one bay running.

Would baffles in the tank keep this from happening? Could they be made of something like plexiglass or do they need to be Stainless Steel? I was thinking more on the lines of something easier to cut. But that might present other problems?

robtl

central Ky
Reaction score
You need to get the water that is being fed into the tank to be fed under the top of the water down close to the bottom of the tank by adding a hose on the discharge of the float valve also if you have plenty of volume to supply the tank when all is running you might be able to throttle the flow down to just keep it full with everything on.....but do not starve the tank be careful!

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
My float valves for the cold and hot tanks do not have a discharge line to the bottom of the tank. Adding the lines will be an easy fix! Thanks!

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
Careful not to put the hose down close to where the pumps draw water from. I've done that. The float can push air down the hose along with the incoming water and then the air bubbles will get drawn into the pumps and that will all start to cavitate.

MEP001

Reaction score
Ghetto is right, whatever tube you put on it only needs to stay below the surface of the water. Another option is a pipe with a tee at the bottom to divert water away from the fitting at the bottom of the tank. I usually just screw a piece of hose over the fitting on the valve that only reaches about halfway down.

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
Try this...
Tighten (or loosen) the float valve 5 to 10 degrees beyond vertical...so the float rod is not straight up and down. It will at least reduce the sloshing.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Great ideas guys...Thanks....