What's new

Minimizing presoak use per car

motefam

ss/iba midwest
Reaction score
I have a Laser 4000 that injects soap mixed with air to the bay (it pulls straight from the presoak barrel and mixes air and water as it goes to the bay). It gives 1250 passes per 50 gallons. My other washes pump soap from a hydrominder mix bin, and air is injected as it goes to the bay. The best I can do by playing with the soap pump pressure (max 60 psi, Gould pump) and the air mix is 700 passes per 50 gallons of presoak. All systems are using the same presoak at 11.8 PH, and the passes are longer on the Laser so you would think it would use more.... Soap coverage appears the same at all washes, and all washes use approx. the same tips/gallons on the L-Bar. What is the difference? Why is the Laser with the injection system giving double the passes??

MEP001

Reaction score
Which machine gives the better wash?

Are you getting the wash counts from your auto cashier or from the Laser's printout?

BayWatch

Jedi apprentice
Reaction score
If I am understanding your post, the other washes are not Lasers. If so what type of equipment is it. Many factors are at play here. If it is a D&S 5000, I know it will use more soap than the Laser.

MEP001

Reaction score
BayWatch has a point. The Laser does deliver soap more efficiently than some touchless rollovers, especially a D&S which neither sizes the car nor stops pumping soap when the machine pauses at the front and back.

Reaction score
volumetrics?

i signed on the ask a similar question and found this recent post. my question is related to a measured use of products per wash. what are other member's experiences with the volume (in ounces) of chemical used for various wash packages? why, you ask? a friend just opened a wash with a coupla lasers and i stopped by to check it out. we got to chatting about which came first, the hi or lo ph, how to keep the dang walls clean, blah blah....and got on the subject of ounces of chemical per wash, namely the presoak. his distributor has him running lo ph first. i know vectors, so most of my questions were about the differeing functionality with out machines. anyhoo.....he says he's putting on about 1oz of lo ph fist (blue coral 688 with a booster) and about 5.5oz of hi ph (blue coral 3692, both great produsct, by the way). the alkaline data seemed very high to me as we put on about 1/2 that, but also run the high ph first and dwell it longer, which make sense.

(...get the point sticky)

so, what are you guys seeing, in ounces per car, for your presoaks to get a clean result? by the way, we're in the northwest market.

cheers, sticky

Etowah