What's new

methanol Tips

washregal

Reaction score
Question on methanol tipping.

We put in automatic changeovers last year and they have worked great. Tips, however have always been an issue.

meaning if you run straight you lose a ton of Product, Run Black a little less, Beige, red and so on. it becomes a manual task and a contstant job in the winter unless you just so black tip everything and let it roll.

Just wondered if anyone thought about a temperature controlled diverter / selector valve that would automatically run product through the appropriate tip based on temperature?

I guess this could also be a manual type of operation.. Good news would be you would not have to change tips every year.. it would just be a matter of manual or automatic selection.

MEP001

Reaction score
There have been some recent threads about using an antifreeze purge - that would seem much more cost-effective than any adjustment of the dilution based on temperature.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
My antifreeze purge system has been working flawlessly. I don't add any air to the purge, I just use the flojet and the methanol with a gray tip. Even with the -20 wind chill here in Michigan, we are still going strong.