What's new

message for changer

robtl

central Ky
Reaction score
I just installed one of the Mars validator that accepts the bills in either of 4-different ways.
Those of you who already have it installed, do you add a sign to tell the people to insert the bill in any direction or just let them figure it out on their own. (really nothing to figure out) just insert bill!

MEP001

Reaction score
Ours has the indicator showing customers to insert the bill with the president's name to the left, but about a third of the bills come in the opposite way. They don't read the indicators, they just cram the bills in. The bays are set to accept all ways, and we get maybe one in fifty bills face-down.

Red Baron

Reaction score
Regardless what sign you put up, a certain percentage will:
* Find some wrong direction to insert the bill even though there isn't a wrong direction.
* Fold it in half before they insert it.
* Insert a bill that is 90% Scotch tape and wonder why it jammed the validator.
* Insert the bill accordian-style as though this is their first time ever using a bill acceptor.

A guy with 2 teeth parked his Suburban with 4 different color doors and quarter panels in my SS bay yesterday, then spent an hour unloading 4 large trashcans full of auto parts from his vehicle. Never spent a single quarter. At least he took my trashcan to the dumpster each time it was full. The guy came to me and asked if tokens work here. After I told him they do if they're the right ones, he said: "Good, I got a bunch of 'em. I crush cars and I sometimes find tokens in the ashtray." I didn't have the heart to explain the obvious to him, so I just nodded my head and said "Good for you." I'll probably be unjamming his Chuckie Cheese tokens soon.

This business is making me cynical.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Red, I thought that you would have shot him, before the first can was full. You are getting soft.

I'd had him arrested, and sued his junk business into a BK.

Red Baron

Reaction score
Red, I thought that you would have shot him, before the first can was full. You are getting soft.

I'd had him arrested, and sued his junk business into a BK.
I know, I'm getting soft. Everytime he wandered off to the dumpster with another load I thought he'd come back and wash his Suburban. By the time I figured out he wasn't going to, I was just happy to see it actually start and drive away. I tend to cut slack to the hillbilly whose IQ is the same as the number of seconds I give for a quarter. He legitimately doesn't get it. The guy that irritates me is the wealthy farmer who hasn't washed his truck since he bought it, and only scrapes off the 100lbs of mud with the wand because his wife doesn't want the mud in the he drive.

robtl

central Ky
Reaction score
Ours has the indicator showing customers to insert the bill with the president's name to the left, but about a third of the bills come in the opposite way. They don't read the indicators, they just cram the bills in. The bays are set to accept all ways, and we get maybe one in fifty bills face-down.
Thanks guys,, I really did not want to make up another sign,,Like someone would read one anyway!

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
The latest Mars conversions from Rowe can be set to accept bills in two directions (both face up). Mars visited my wash for another reason and changed it for me. I don't know how to do it, just that it can be done. Before that I had to accept them 4 ways and even then only 1 in a 100 would come in upside down.

robtl

central Ky
Reaction score
The latest Mars conversions from Rowe can be set to accept bills in two directions (both face up). Mars visited my wash for another reason and changed it for me. I don't know how to do it, just that it can be done. Before that I had to accept them 4 ways and even then only 1 in a 100 would come in upside down.
What would be the advantage of just accepting face up verses all 4-ways?

MEP001

Reaction score
Most banks will only accept bills face up if they're bundled, some even require they be oriented the same way. It also depends on the counting/sorting equipment being used by the operator since most counter/sorters can't identify a bill face down. For what it's worth, our changers and auto cashier are set for 2 direction face up just to prevent having to flip any bills while sorting and counting by hand (Our bank requires them face up but not oriented). I left the bay acceptors 4-way to accomodate the same stupid people who fill the coin acceptor with nickels, dimes and pennies until the reject chute is full and it jams.

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
What would be the advantage of just accepting face up verses all 4-ways?
No big advantage. Just easier for me to handle the $ with all face up.

Prior to Mars visit, If I set it to two way acceptance, the only two ways it would take bills was face down. No one would have ever figured that out so I left it on 4 way.

Last edited: