What's new

Message/Call Centers/Apps??

LisaLyons

Reaction score
I would like to figure out a better way to answer common questions that customers call me everyday about - pending charges on their credit cards, locations & hours & prices, do I have a place to accept motor homes. I currently have my cell phone listed for a contact number at my washes but I can't always answer it especially at 2:00 a.m. There has to be a better way to answer my customer questions without spending a fortune...what are you doing?

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
Some years back, you made some comments about needing information on something you were unaware of. I sent you an e-mail to make you aware of this information and you didn’t even have the common decency to respond.

Nevertheless, others on this forum may benefit so here is one suggestion.

ApWords, Inc.
www.apwordsinc.com
www.apwordsinc.wordpress.com

Or contact Brett Furniss 704-612-0134

Custom app is about $400 or so and monthly fee is $50

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Hey double L, glad to see you back. I don't have any helpful advice, but check in more often. I'm sure you can find time between vacations for the occasional post.

soapy

Reaction score
Wow RR how long do hold a grudge and why would you even bring it up here? To Lisa's question: I have a regular land based line for the washes. I have the number forwarded to my cell phone number so that I can switch phone calls over to my attendant when I am out of town. As for after hour calls I stop answering after 6 pm and message that I will call them back ASAP.

MEP001

Reaction score
robert roman said:
Some years back, you made some comments about needing information on something you were unaware of. I sent you an e-mail to make you aware of this information and you didn’t even have the common decency to respond.
I can find no such posting on this forum. Was it so long ago that it was on the previous forum, 8 or more years ago?

Did you consider the possibility that your e-mail didn't go through?

LisaLyons

Reaction score
Robert thanks for the info and it sounds like I upset you about something I have no memory of! I didn't mean any disrespect. Pat, Thanks for the email info..I think you are correct! Right as always!

gsgriffin

Reaction score
Nevertheless, others on this forum may benefit so here is one suggestion.

ApWords, Inc.
www.apwordsinc.com
www.apwordsinc.wordpress.com

Or contact Brett Furniss 704-612-0134

Custom app is about $400 or so and monthly fee is $50
Robert, can you help me understand what you are suggesting? I went to the first link, and got a page not found error. I went to the second link, and it appears to be a blog reviewing different apps. I read the first couple and did not see anything relevant. The blog looks to be numerous pages long, so I wasnt sure what I should be looking for there.

Griffin

MEP001

Reaction score
Lisa Lyons said:
I would like to figure out a better way to answer common questions that customers call me everyday about - pending charges on their credit cards, locations & hours & prices, do I have a place to accept motor homes.
I ordered some of these PosterGrip frames and bought a color laser printer with the eventual plan of putting different instructional signs in each bay that I can move around every few days. I've made one test video of how to use a bay function and plan to use QR codes on the signs that customers can scan with their smartphones to watch the video at the wash.

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
I ordered some of these PosterGrip frames and bought a color laser printer with the eventual plan of putting different instructional signs in each bay that I can move around every few days. I've made one test video of how to use a bay function and plan to use QR codes on the signs that customers can scan with their smartphones to watch the video at the wash.
I like that 8.5 X 11 poster grip frame. I run my prints thru a hot laminate machine which I purchased at Sams Club. The final product is very durable and water resistant. It would probably last forever using a color laser printer. With an inkjet the color eventually fades. Clipping it in the poster grip frame would be ideal.

LisaLyons

Reaction score
I have spent a bundle on signage over the years, maybe the QR is a good way to go to handle the issues I'm having. I was hoping there was already an App that turned your smart phone into a "advanced" answering machine that could handle customer questions. The App route looks like a good marketing tool though.

MEP001

Reaction score
Ric said:
I run my prints thru a hot laminate machine which I purchased at Sams Club.
I bought a pack of the adhesive kind to make sure everything will work the way I want - if I end up printing a bunch of different ones I'll probably get a hot laminate machine.

Ric said:
It would probably last forever using a color laser printer. With an inkjet the color eventually fades.
Not only is it much more durable with a laser, it's cheaper in the long run than ink jet, and better print quality.

seattleguy

Reaction score
I would like to figure out a better way to answer common questions that customers call me everyday about - pending charges on their credit cards, locations & hours & prices, do I have a place to accept motor homes. I currently have my cell phone listed for a contact number at my washes but I can't always answer it especially at 2:00 a.m. There has to be a better way to answer my customer questions without spending a fortune...what are you doing?
Try kall8.com set up an 800 number and have them build a phone tree to answer any common questions.

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
I bought a pack of the adhesive kind to make sure everything will work the way I want - if I end up printing a bunch of different ones I'll probably get a hot laminate machine.

Not only is it much more durable with a laser, it's cheaper in the long run than ink jet, and better print quality.
What color laser printer are you using? Happy with it?

bigleo48

Reaction score
Try kall8.com set up an 800 number and have them build a phone tree to answer any common questions.
I use ringcentral.com Same idea...plus a lot more. I don't use it the way you want to but I find it helpful as a call router. SO depending on the time of day or changes I make, our toll free number routes to different phones.

Big