What's new

Medeco Lock Stuck !

340wash

Reaction score
I have a Medeco plug lock on a Hamilton changer that decided it was not going to work any more. I have seen previous posts about lock removal. If anyone can help I would certainly appreciate it. The key easily goes in and out but will not turn. It worked perfectly three days ago. Email or PM me. Thanks ! 340wash

madscientist

Reaction score
Before doing anything drastic, take a hammer and tap on the face a few times with moderate force (remove the key first). Then try the key again.

Kevin Reilly

self serve carwashes
Reaction score
I have a Medeco plug lock on a Hamilton changer that decided it was not going to work any more. I have seen previous posts about lock removal. If anyone can help I would certainly appreciate it. The key easily goes in and out but will not turn. It worked perfectly three days ago. Email or PM me. Thanks ! 340wash
All of the above, but I would also saturate it with WD-40. Sometimes a small particle (dirt) can get in behind the little bar that does the locking. We are told not to use WD-40 on locks, but we hit all of our locks with WD-40 occasionally which does smooth things out when inserting a key!

6t7gto

Reaction score
I just had this happen 2 days ago.
I thought someone had taken my Medeco out and put their own in.
I only had 3in1 oil with me.
I put the oil on the key and kept working it in and out.
It finally let me open the lock.
David

JustClean

Reaction score
Had this happen twice in the past. It always worked after tapping the lock a few times with a metal object. Don't give up - keep on tapping. Good luck.

Randy

Reaction score
I spoke with 340wash today and he’s done everything you could possibly do to get the plug lock out. WD-40, Oil, Tapping the lock and the surrounding area with a hammer etc. His last resort is to drill the plug lock. I sent him instructions on how to do that.

Mr. Clean

Reaction score
I've had this problem, also. Heat and PB Blaster seems to do the trick near term. Replace them as soon as you get them out. Seems to be yet another example of lower raw material standards and less durability.