What's new

Mars Validator AE2631D7 ...keeps cycling

Twodose

Reaction score
I have 2 mars validators in a conversion kit I purchased from Jim G years ago for a hamilton drs with the AE2631D7 validators, one of them keeps cycling like you are turning it off and on, like I may just have the door open on the changer and it will cycle without even touching it, every time I check it to see if it is accepting correctly it seems to work OK, but I am getting twice as many bills in the other validator making me think that it is not accepting correctly. I have had both serviced within the last year.

Randy

Reaction score
There's a couple of things it could be. Who serviced them the last time? Some of the repair guys don't do a good job of rebuilding them, just changing the belts isn't a rebuild. Two things I can think of would be the main board or the relay box that Jim G. uses, it can't be repaired.

Twodose

Reaction score
jim g serviced them last time. I have a spare board i could try, the relay box? < is that the little box that he sends with a conversion? Do you service mars? If i remember right the conversion kit comes with a little box attached to the validator. Is the relay box specific to his conversion? Not sure if I could purchase a validator from KR and have it work, or do i have to get it from him?

Last edited:

Randy

Reaction score
jim g serviced them last time. I have a spare board i could try, the relay box? < is that the little box that he sends with a conversion? Do you service mars? If i remember right the conversion kit comes with a little box attached to the validator. Is the relay box specific to his conversion? Not sure if I could purchase a validator from KR and have it work, or do i have to get it from him?
If you have a spare board try swapping out the main boards. The relay box is the little beige box that plugs into the side of the validator. The relay box will only work on a AE2601 series validator. Be VERY! careful when you plug the relay harness into the side of the validator, it's possible to plug it in one pin off or backwards, if you plug it in wrong you'll destroy the validator. Yes I repair Mars validators. I've got a number of recon and new Mars AE2631D7 validators.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Send it to Randy....He's the best to deal with when it comes to Mars Validators!