What's new

Mark VII turbo jet

Etowah

1gr8-wash

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the Mark VII turbojet.
i am in the process of purchasing a touchless and would like to try and find a reliable machine, if there is such a thing.

BoomerSooner

Reaction score
I work for Mark VII. I live in a remote area and have not had the chance to install or work with one yet but I have heard they are great. The controller is pretty simple to learn and the machine is pretty self reliant. What area are you from?

1gr8-wash

Reaction score
I work for Mark VII. I live in a remote area and have not had the chance to install or work with one yet but I have heard they are great. The controller is pretty simple to learn and the machine is pretty self reliant. What area are you from?
from Hamilton ontario, I heard some disapionting comments about the older Mark 7's from repair techs but i have no idea about them in the last couple of years.

ted mcmeekin

Fast and Clean
Reaction score
We have two and are pleased with the reliability. We have replaced one gear drive an occaisional photo eye or proximity switch, one cmi, one dampener, a few solinoid coils, one regulator over 8 years. None of that equipment is unique to MK VII.

Ted

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
In addition to checking out the equipment you need to also pick the best distributor in your area. As has already been mentioned in the Forum many times, there are many good units out there but the one thing they all have in common is that they will break and need maintenance. You need to buy from a distributor that has a good track record. Try to locate other operators in your distributor's territory who have the equipment you have in mind and talk to them about the service they have gotten.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
This machine is so new, I doubt that you will find anyone with significant experience. I dropped in on one being installed in New Albany, IN. about 4-6 weeks ago. According to the techs, it was only the 2nd one, I believe the other one being in NC. I haven't been back to check the wash since they've gotten it up and running.

1gr8-wash

Reaction score
In addition to checking out the equipment you need to also pick the best distributor in your area. As has already been mentioned in the Forum many times, there are many good units out there but the one thing they all have in common is that they will break and need maintenance. You need to buy from a distributor that has a good track record. Try to locate other operators in your distributor's territory who have the equipment you have in mind and talk to them about the service they have gotten.
the distributor in ontario use to sell pdq and mark 7 bought them out and now they just sell mark7 i guess that is a good way to break into the Ontario market, although I know a few customers that bought pdq from them who are a little ****ed at the new situation.
Mark 7 never really had a good distrubutor before perhaps now it has changed

1gr8-wash

Reaction score
This machine is so new, I doubt that you will find anyone with significant experience. I dropped in on one being installed in New Albany, IN. about 4-6 weeks ago. According to the techs, it was only the 2nd one, I believe the other one being in NC. I haven't been back to check the wash since they've gotten it up and running.
love to find out his name and give him a call see what he thinks

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Although I trust that he is always straight up with me, he is also a Mark VII distributor so he is probably somewhat biased. He is the distributor for KY and southern IN and has a couple of washes of his own. I won't post his name here, you can easily find it with the info I supplied if you want.

kman9299

MarkVII Aquajet GT 700
Reaction score
Dryer problem with Mark VII Aquajet GT 700

I own a Mark VII Aquajet GT 700. I'm having a problem with the dryers. I bought this carwash with a exisiting Mark VII. The carwash goes thru all of its cycles and the dryers kick on. They kick on for a second then turn right off. Is there something with the programming that i missed. I've looked thru everything and can't figure it out. They were working just fine. I hope someone can help me out.

BoomerSooner

Reaction score
I own a Mark VII Aquajet GT 700. I'm having a problem with the dryers. I bought this carwash with a exisiting Mark VII. The carwash goes thru all of its cycles and the dryers kick on. They kick on for a second then turn right off. Is there something with the programming that i missed. I've looked thru everything and can't figure it out. They were working just fine. I hope someone can help me out.
Where in New Mexico do you live?

DPD36

Reaction score
I have experienced this problem before on a GT 500. The problem was a bad photo-eye transmitter. I believe that you could test this by disconnecting the eyes on the dryer. This should allow the dryer to run for the set time whether or not a car whizzes through.