What's new

Making a New Faceplate Assembly

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Besides I believe for the majority of us the weight --- is much more of an issue when 4 times as many quarters are needed for the same monetary value. 4x the 17.5 #s you refer too --- now that is a problem for those sometimes dainty tellers at the bank that I get together with fairly often. Very few of us allow the dollar coin only portions of our deposits of dollar coins to reach the weights that you suggest.

mike walsh king koin of bismarck
Because it does not and will not work that way. Right now the customers get quarters from the Changers or use Bill acceptors in the bays. Perhaps some operators gain quarters. I do not. To the contrary I have to add quarters. I am sure some non customers use my changers and I am sure customers who put a $5. - $20.00 Bill in the changers don't use all the quarters at my place.

So, having coin (quarters) replaced with dollar bills will no longer happen. Also, any dollar bills brought on site will be replaced with coin as well.

So, all else being equal the volume of dollar bills currently brought to the bank will be replaced by an equal volume of Dollar coins.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
You're kidding, you actually have to deposit dollar coins? In my 11 yrs of dispensing them I have yet to deposit a single one. It's always been a one-way street. Where does your surplus come from???
Do you have bill acceptors? Do you deposit dollar bills?

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Although you don't deposit dollar coins now, is there any reason to think whatever volume of single dolar bills you deposit now won't be replaced by the same amount of dollar coins if the bills are eliminated? ?
I don't know. I think that the "two" will slide into the dollar bill's role, but maybe not. If that happens customers should not get more than one dollar coin in their change (half the time, maybe less, none). The coin would only be absolutely necessary when 1 or $3 is needed (4 2s=$8) As it stands now, we get as many as four. I really don't picture nearly as many walk-in dollar coins as we get "ones" today. Only time will tell.

Last edited: