What's new

Magnets Revisited

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
I switched from Sensortron to Slugbuster years ago to stop people from stealing time with magnets. The Slugbusters seem to jam alot more frequently than my old Sensortrons. My next batch of coin acceptors was going to be Sensortrons and I was going to send them to Ginsan to have them modified to not work with magnets. I called Ginsan to get a price on modifying them and Ginsan told me that they changed the Sensortron 2 years ago to not work with magnets and all units sold since then should be good.

Can anyone confirm this before I purchase a batch of them?

Randy

Reaction score
I'd stick with the Slugbuster coin acceptors. Which model Slugbuster have you been using? I've had great luck with the Slugbuster II. I had all of mine converted to the EZ clean out door. I very seldom ever have a jam up or any problems with the coin acceptor, maybe twice a year I get a jam up and it's usually a bent coin and not the fault of the coin acceptor.

I don't know of any car wash in our area that uses the Sensortrons coin acceptors anymore, most of the car washes use a multi-coin coin acceptor.

MEP001

Reaction score
I use only the IDX MA-800, 27 in service for six years, they've been completely reliable and they never jam with good coins.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I use only the IDX MA-800, 27 in service for six years, they've been completely reliable and they never jam with good coins.
You've had better luck than me. I've had two MA-800s go out just in the past week.

For single coin acceptance , it's hard to beat a sensotron.