What's new

MAG50-BAB acceptor died. What are my options?

Sequoia

AKA Duane H- 3 bay SS
Reaction score
I have Mars acceptors throughout my 3-bay SS, except for one Coinco MAG50-BAB. It is in an American AC1005 housing, and was last tuned at the factory for 2008 currency.

The MAG50 finally died recently-- a bill got stuck, and even after removing the bill and working on it extensively it still won't start up properly and gives me seven LED blinks-- code for a stuck bill although the bill and any remnants are long gone. It might be repairable but I want to consider options to replace as well.

Will a newer model Coinco validator "plug in" and use the old electronics from my former unit? Or would I need to change all of that? And if I wanted to switch it over to a Mars acceptor then does that mean changing out everything inside the housing?

I'd appreciate any help-- I called Coinco but have not gotten a response from them yet.

Randy

Reaction score
I believe Coinco still has the $250 Vantage/Mag-50 trade in program going on. Before you trash your Mag-50 check the anti-stringing fingers on transport. A lot of times when a bill gets stuck in the bill path and the custom tries to pull it back the anti-stringing fingers will get stuck. It’s real easy to pop them back in with a small screwdriver. They should move freely. If you’re thinking about a Mars validator so all your validator will be interchangeable, the Mag-50BAB is 110 volt and the validators in the bays and most vacuums are 24 volt.