What's new

LW4000 trolley won't move

raisetheprice

Reaction score
I haven't seen it yet, but my attendant tried to reset the carwash last night and the trolley wouldn't move. The bridge will move just not the trolley. He tried powering down and back up, but nothing. I just had the festoons replaced about 2 months ago so I'm hesitant to think it's a wiring issue. Where else to check?

madscientist

Reaction score
motor shaft snapped off in the gearbox? can you hear the motor turning, or just silence when you try to move it?

raisetheprice

Reaction score
I asked my attendant and he couldn't hear anything. Sometimes it's hard to hear if it's not grinding. I'll have to go check it out.

sbolt01

Reaction score
leg off

It could be leg off 220 on motor. Changed out festoon one time and @ month later had same problem.

raisetheprice

Reaction score
My attendant says he can hear a slight hum when trying to move the trolley, probably a broken shaft. Pretty easy to replace? I think I even have that gear box in stock.

sbolt01

Reaction score
may not be broke shaft

It may not be broke shaft. With leg off will humm and still not turn bridge motor. Pull motor before you order. Check power to each leg.

lag

Reaction score
If it is "humming" , you lost a leg of the 3 phase power to the motor. Start at the motor contactor in the J0 ,and with a volt meter check each leg for voltage. The contactor ,or motor connections in the bay ,are usually the where the problem is , though you can not rule out a bad connection in the festoon.

If the gearbox ,or motor shaft is broke the motor fins will be turning still . You may want to look at that to narrow it down.

raisetheprice

Reaction score
Getting power...damn 10 year old gearbox and motor...lol. Guess it's time, this machine out of my 4 has given me the least trouble.

madscientist

Reaction score
10 yrs. out of a gearbox and motor? not bad. if it is a snapped shaft, the gearbox may be salvaged, if you can get the shaft out. seems like that always happens to me at 5:05 pm on the friday of memorial day weekend. it didn't happen this year, so i'll be on high alert for this friday.