What's new

LW 4000 Arch Rotate Problem

Bud

NE Ohio
Reaction score
I am currently having a problem with the arch rotating 360 degrees w/o stopping. Sometimes it will stop at one prox but not too often. I checked the proxes and they are all lighting. I cleaned the cams and prox heads. The cords seem OK but to have all the cords or proxes go at the same time wouldn't be logical.This happened about a year or two ago also and I replaced all the proxes but still had the problem and don't remember what I did to fix it. Any ideas?

whitescout

Banned
Reaction score
I would check the distance of the prox heads to the cam, and ensure that the cam has not moved out of position. You should also check the termination of the prox cables in the box, as well as the festoon cable, all the way back to the JO cabinet. You say that all of the lights are on, ..... My question is, are they all on at the same time? If so, that is your problem. My other question, would be,... When you say they are all on, are you looking at the led on the prox switch, or are you checking on the input module? If you are getting the leds to light up, but not the input module, then your problem is cable or wiring.

When the arch is in the home position, only 15 and 16 should be lit up. (this would be the one towards the entrance, and the top one towards the exit.)

troyberry

Reaction score
be sure to check your trolley tires as well. I have seen low tires cause the arch to over rotate.

Bud

NE Ohio
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. I checked all the proxes, cam, etc. I did not look at the lights in the JO. I had a tech come out today as I couldn't figure it out and didn't want to be shut down on such a nice day which we have had very few of the last few weeks. When he moved the bridge out from the dryer far enough to operate the arch, all worked fine. Then he brought it all the way to the entrance and tried it. All was not fine. It turned out to be the festoon. All fixed now. I guess if I would have tried it in another location I would have figured it out but then again thats why we have techs, right? Again, thanks.

Mike

Reaction score
I have also see when people replace the swivel they over tighten and pull up on the shaft that goes thru the trolley and it raised the cam up causing the switches not to read the lobes correctly.

raisetheprice

Reaction score
I have also see when people replace the swivel they over tighten and pull up on the shaft that goes thru the trolley and it raised the cam up causing the switches not to read the lobes correctly.
The cam being pulled up can be a result of the distributor selling the wrong part...they send out the short version of the female/female swivel which is cheaper and can work, but I stick with the long version which does cost more. But because I run double bearings up above I cannot do the following. If you run one bearing you can jam the bend pipe down far enough to get the cam lobe to side down far enough into position, but it's not how it's designed to work. It's designed to use the long version of the swivel, which I have to specially request when I get it from the distributor.