What's new

Looking to buy and refurb

wickedride

Reaction score
Hello everyone.....

I'm looking to purchase a local car wash, it is an older Super Wash built in 1990's
The automatic equipment and bay is outdated.

My first question is do I go back with new super wash brand equipment or use another brand. I have a quote to upgrade to the super wash equipment already. I went and viewed/used the new style automatic at a facility about and hour away. Anyone else have experience with this brand?

Automatics that I have researched..... owners any feed back you have on the following.
PDQ 360
WW Razor
Oasis XP

If you are an equipment distributor do not post on this thread, looking for owner feedback only.

Overachiever

Reaction score
I have an old super wash that I've been refurbing the past couple years. Are you talking about the Navigator by Pro Equipment when you speak of putting in newer Super Wash equipment?

Something that stinks is that Super Wash built their bays Super Small, so if you wanted to put in a modern machine like the Razor you either have to raise the roof of the building, lengthen, and possibly widen bays (13'4" is the minimum on the Razor which happens to be as wide as my Super Wash bay is) or make compromises, like using shorter rails so you can't wash the biggest pickups / lower maximum vehicle height.

That being said I'm planning to put a Razor in this year. I'll be raising my roof about 2' and making the bay 8' longer which has opened up a big can of worms with Zoning despite me thinking I'd be grandfathered in, making the project even more Super Expensive.

wickedride

Reaction score
Your exactly correct with needing to do structural work for height and length. Permits and zoning are not an issue here but the cost of adding the machine is still quite expensive.

I'm going to PM you my phone number

copperglobe

Reaction score
Overachiever is correct. The Super Wash automatic is low and narrow and short. However, Pro Equipment does have automatic machines that will fit. Also, you can remove two course of block from the entrance/exits (so the 22nd course of block is the first one over the top) and that way you'll fit, height wise, almost all vehicles including the GM suvs, Fords, Toyotas, etc. Maybe yours was already raised? You can also raise the interior equipment to fit this mod as well. Change out the arch (hate that old Super Wash arch), replace the computer (plc).

One thing about Super Wash automatics: they are durable, easy to work on and wash a lot of cars. Also, if programmed right, the automatics can get cars in and out in a lot less time than the new equipment packages out there.