What's new

Looking for some information

Lomaximum

Reaction score
Hi All-

This forum is great! Thanks for all the effort you put into creating a community.

I’ll try and keep it short. I have the good fortune of a few successful software startup exits and I want to use some of the money to buy a car wash. I’ve always loved cars and want to work for myself and get one up and running then possibly look into another and maybe some real estate.

My wife and I are moving to the Atlanta area and I have been looking at this as an example.

It says the price to convert to an express wash is 430k and the monthly sales are 39k. And if all that is true and I can convert it to an express wash, then sales should increase? Let’s say to 45k a month? If i get creative and run ads, promotions and do a membership program and update the look and fix any issues and get it running well.

45k a month would be 540k a year minus 60% to run it leaves me with 216k profit.

Am I naive in thinking this? What am I missing? I obviously have zero experience with car washes. Thanks for the feedback! Again tell it to me straight.

Last edited:

fastlx

Reaction score
I live in Mcdonough (15 minutes away) and grew up in the Jonesboro area. I'm not interested in this wash but I could give some input if I knew exactly where it was located. PM me if you want.