What's new

Looking for an online sign/decal company

Jeff_L

Reaction score
Time to replace some of the decals & signs around my locations. I like to build my own with Adobe, upload them to an online site, pick the material, then have them print them. Do any of you have any favorite sites you use? I've used FedEx Office and Sign-A-Rama in the past, okay quality but they don't seem to last more than a year or so.

MEP001

Reaction score
www.stagraphics.com will make Lexan-laminated decals at a really good price. You have to specify Lexan or they use a cheaper vinyl that's soft and doesn't last. They also have difficulty cutting round holes, so rather than ordering decals and customizing the functions with inserts I just order them preprinted, ends up costing less and doesn't take any longer. Weben door decals cost $20, Coleman size are I think $25.

I need decals for several Fragramatics units, whose prices are crazy expensive now. At some point I'll take measurements for them to make a replica, after which anyone can order a custom-print version.

sparkey

Reaction score
buildasign.com I have used them for years. Very reasonable and good quality. Design your sign online and they ship it to you.

soonermajic

Reaction score
I'll 2nd Sta graphics. I did think they already had the Fragramatics decal though? I didn't realize you had to specify Lexan though...

slash007

Reaction score
I originally purchased my decals for my JC Combo vacs direct from Coleman and every single one needed the holes adjusted and were a bit too long and I had to trim off some of the bottom. I just installed one for a shampoo/vac that I bought from Sta Graphics and it was absolutely perfect. Every hole was the right size and in the right location, and that included the bill acceptor cutout. I bought 2 and will install the 2nd one tomorrow. Price was $45. Maybe they got better at cutting holes?

MEP001

Reaction score
I originally purchased my decals for my JC Combo vacs direct from Coleman and every single one needed the holes adjusted and were a bit too long and I had to trim off some of the bottom. I just installed one for a shampoo/vac that I bought from Sta Graphics and it was absolutely perfect. Every hole was the right size and in the right location, and that included the bill acceptor cutout. I bought 2 and will install the 2nd one tomorrow. Price was $45. Maybe they got better at cutting holes?
They've always been able to cut holes in the correct places if they have the right measurements, my only problem is with them cutting round holes. They're not round and the round function labels end up not fitting in the cutout.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I need decals for several Fragramatics units, whose prices are crazy expensive now. At some point I'll take measurements for them to make a replica, after which anyone can order a custom-print version.
I had them do some several years ago, the cutouts were slightly off but they were very close. Its time for me to reorder so I'll see if they can locate my patterns

OurTown

Reaction score
I think for any shop getting the holes just right is difficult. We wanted the holes and cutouts to be 1/16" bigger all around and our local sign shop that made our decals had a little bit of a time getting them just right. We were there when they were trying to get a proof cut and just moving the hole .01" was a dramatic change. It's amazing what our eyes can pick up. They ended up making the holes and cutouts a tad bigger so you didn't notice.

MEP001

Reaction score
I've placed a lot of custom orders with STAGraphics. As long as my measurements have been accurate, the decals lined up perfectly. I've asked them several times about the round holes not being round and they've said they'll look into it, but the round cutouts end up being a bit oblong. I just make changes so nothing has a round cutout that's fully visible wherever possible. I've had no issue when I need small changes, for example I wanted the cutout around the coin slot enlarged a bit, and all I had to ask was how much to increase the dimension and it was perfect.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
In the past, to improve on accuracy ... I have created & print out (hands on verification) a vector based file ... in my case the current version of AutoCAD but there is other less expensive software that allows a person to tweak more precisely.