What's new

looking for a good Flex serve to check out

supersuds

Reaction score
Anyone know of any good Flex serves in the southeast I could check out? I have 3 full serves and one express in North Florida and ready to make the switch(full serves). I would love to look at a few before I jump into it. I did buy the book, but want to see in action.

sonicsoft

Reaction score
Flex

Anyone know of any good Flex serves in the southeast I could check out? I have 3 full serves and one express in North Florida and ready to make the switch(full serves). I would love to look at a few before I jump into it. I did buy the book, but want to see in action.
Visit Richard Sasso at Mr. Squeaky Car Wash, he seems to be doing it right, also call sonny's and ask for Anthony Analetto he has two washes I believe one is Flex Serve. If you make it up to VA then shoot me an e-mail we have a handful of really nice new flex serves.

smokun

Consultant - Rainmaker
Reaction score
Station Auto Wash

Tom Magazzine and his son own & operate Station Auto Wash, and are big fans of the Flex-Serve format. In fact, they've put together a franchise concept based on the flex-serve paradigm!

If you already read the book, you'll recognize that there are two formats for After-Care: static production cells and flat-belt conveyor processing. Tom uses a flat-belt conveyor in his after-care facility; a flex-serve model for high-performance After-Care.;)

http://www.stationautowash.com/

Many operators choose to use the new "Total-Service" name, while others have retained the full-service reference to avoid customer confusion. Either way, the implementation of the paradigm is the same.:)

supersuds

Reaction score
What about any full service washes that have converted? Being a conversion myself, I would love to see one. I will not be able to build the big indoor detailing area. We will have about 8-10 parking spots covered w/ a canopy. It will be an island with angled parking. We could do drive through parking spots, but would lose a lot spaces. I would like to hear about successes and failures.

smokun

Consultant - Rainmaker
Reaction score
Re-Read The Guide!

You inferred that you've read the Jump-Start Guide, so why would you be considering an after-care layout different from the recommended pull-through production cell configuration? :confused:

If all else fails, read the last page of the Guide. I'd be happy to answer any questions... and offer some guidance.:)

-Steve

Etowah

sonicsoft

Reaction score
What about any full service washes that have converted? Being a conversion myself, I would love to see one. I will not be able to build the big indoor detailing area. We will have about 8-10 parking spots covered w/ a canopy. It will be an island with angled parking. We could do drive through parking spots, but would lose a lot spaces. I would like to hear about successes and failures.
Benny Alford in Louisiana, who is credited with making Express Exterior popular, is also one of the first to do online aftercare on a belt. In fact he built the belt because he feared that the Express Exterior wouldn't make enough money. His version of the belt is a custom design from a manufacturer who builds belts for the shrimp industry; they use it to offload the shrimp from the boats.

In any case his belt is totally outdoors with a canopy covering it. I will tell you difference between using belts and not using belts, I have a friend who has an operation here who is not flex serve but online full service...With belts he processes 100-125 cars per hour, without belt using the same space 75-85 tops.

It may be a huge bite in your wallet but it will pay dividends. If the 12' belt is too expensive look at AVW's dual 12" belts. It's about half the cost. Call Willie at AVW he?ll talk to you about pricing and options.

SErep

Reaction score
Check out Superwash Express in Port Orange, FL. Jack Barrett and Paul Bradley's place. High volume flex done right.

supersuds

Reaction score
I have read it, I just want to see some in action. I contacted you for references, but you stated your clients are confidential. I have no problem with that. I just want to see some actually process cars before making such a big investment.